Adding custom sidebars

Home Forums Gillion Theme Adding custom sidebars

Home Forums Gillion Theme Adding custom sidebars

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • kscott
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to add custom sidebars into the theme with the same IDs that I’m using with another theme so that when I transfer to this new theme, the references in other areas of wordpress will still honor the same sidebar. I can’t seem to do this though. I’ve used the following:

function my_custom_sidebar() {
    register_sidebar(
    array (
    ‘name’ => __( ‘Affiliate Disclosure’, ‘your-theme-domain’ ),
    ‘id’ => ‘gp-affiliate-disclosure’,
    ‘description’ => __( ‘Affiliate disclosure sidebar for top of posts’, ‘your-theme-domain’ ),
    ‘before_widget’ => ‘<div class=”widget-content”>’,
    ‘after_widget’ => “</div>”,
    ‘before_title’ => ‘<h3 class=”widget-title”>’,
    ‘after_title’ => ‘</h3>’,
    )
    );
    }
    add_action( ‘widgets_init’, ‘my_custom_sidebar’ );

Where, gp-affiliate-disclosure is the id that’s referenced in other areas of my site.

Could you help and provide the function(s) to add multiple custom sidebars to the functions.php of the gillion child theme so that I can easily create and reference the same sidebars as I do today with my other theme?

Thanks

Hi @kscott,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)