All posts - randomly sorted

Home Forums Gillion Theme All posts – randomly sorted

Home Forums Gillion Theme All posts – randomly sorted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • blog69
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to have all posts randomly sorted, but without additional plugin, that slows everything…

In homepage, I’m using “Blog posts basic” element, and I chose “random” sorting, but it’s not random (it is sorted by date – newest first, no matter what do I do).

In posts page, I want to have all posts sorted randomly. Could you help me with PHP code for that?

In footer widget, I would like to have a widget of my own title (it already is), and random post sorting. For all of them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

blog69
    Participant

I tried add many php code lines to “widgets”, “posts”, “categories”, and with no success. I might did something wrong.
    <pre class=”default prettyprint prettyprinted”><span class="str">'orderby'</span> <span class="pun">=></span> <span class="str">'rand'</span><span class="pun">,</span>

Hi @blog69,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

In homepage, I’m using “Blog posts basic” element, and I chose “random” sorting, but it’s not random (it is sorted by date – newest first, no matter what do I do).

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In posts page, I want to have all posts sorted randomly. Could you help me with PHP code for that?

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

In footer widget, I would like to have a widget of my own title (it already is), and random post sorting. For all of them.

You can set your own title in the widget as shown in the attached screenshots.

To make random post sorting, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

blog69
    Participant

Hello,

• I will wait for the “Blog posts basic” to be randomly sorted, thank you.
    • The URL where I would want to have posts sorted completely randomly is (the general blog posts page): http://foreplay.si/eroticne-zgodbice/
    • I know where I can rename the title, yes, but I thought that random posts can be displayed in foooter widget too.

Thank you,

kind regards, Tim

blog69
    Participant

Hello,

I have made the change in functions.php child theme to randomly sort all the posts.
    Now I’m only waiting for you for fix the “Blog posts basic”.

This ticket can be closed now, thank you,

kind regards, Tim

Awesome great to see you got that achieved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)