Author Page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Author Page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Author Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • vonedaddy
    Participant

When I click on an author name on my posts the link reads “url/author/name” but it just takes me back to my homepage.

How do I make this take me to the author bio?

Hi @vonedaddy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

When I click on an author name on my posts the link reads “url/author/name” but it just takes me back to my homepage.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Gillion theme.

Please clear and temporarily disable the WP Fastest Cache that you are using on your site and make sure you are using below latest version of the theme.

Please login to access this file

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

How do I make this take me to the author bio?

It displays all the posts created by that author as shown in the below page.

https://gillion.shufflehound.com/author/gillionshufflehound/

If you want it to display author bio then to achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

vonedaddy
    Participant

Oh so maybe it is going to what looks like the homepage because I am a single author?

Yes, this may be the reason.

You can test it by creating another author account on your site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)