Blog posts only show parent category

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog posts only show parent category

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog posts only show parent category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • nicolaivarney
    Participant

Hi guys. I have a small issue, that is causing alot of confusion on my site.

On the frontpage i have am showing 4 posts with this gillion shortcode: [vcg_blog_posts_fancy style=”mini1″ limit=”4″]

On the posts gillion theme show which category the blog post represents, but my problem is, that it is showing the parent category, which in my case is:

“All recipes” (in danish). So even if it’s a breakfast recipe with primary category being breakfast, the shown category is still “All recipes”, because it’s the parent one.

The weird thing is, that if i choose “Dinner” as the category, it is showing. All other categories use “All recipes”.

I have chosen the specific category i want, to be the primary one.

Pictures related
    Picture 1: Front page with shown blog posts, where all posts are parent category
    Picture 2: Blog posts categories showing the primary category is not the parent category

Site: http://www.ketoliv.dk

Do you know how to make the displaying category the primary category?

best regards

Nicolai

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Nicolai,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To display multiple categories, please configure the theme settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

nicolaivarney
    Participant

Thanks guys. I’ve checked and configured as the attached screenshots. It changed to show all categories, which is not the intent. We only want to show the primary category, so i’ve changed it back to Fancy button.

As said, the problem is only, that it displayed the parent category for some reason. For all except “Dinner”. So When chosing lunch, breakfast, whatever, it displayed the parent category “All recipes”. Hmm. I dont figure out why. Any last suggestions?

As said, the problem is only, that it displayed the parent category for some reason. For all except “Dinner”. So When chosing lunch, breakfast, whatever, it displayed the parent category “All recipes”. Hmm. I dont figure out why. Any last suggestions?

I am not sure how is your category structure as you are explaining with category name in English but in your shared screenshot it is in other languages.

Could you please share the screenshot in English and explain it so that I can better understand it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)