Blog slider editing

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog slider editing

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog slider editing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • przyzielonymstole
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to modify “blog slider style 3” a little bit – add custom buttons etc. The file responsible for this slider is located in: gillion/inc/elements/blog-slider.php

I edited this file and copied to child theme folder:
    gillion-child/inc/elements/blog-slider.php
    and also tried this location:
    gillion-child/blog-slider.php

In both cases WP doesn’t see modified file. How to manage it?

Solution for this topic

Hi @przyzielonymstole,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The blog-slider.php file is not a template file so it doesn’t get overwritten in the child theme.

To change it you have to add the file on the path gillion-child/inc/elements/blog-slider.php and add following code in the functions.php file of your child theme.

/**
     * Load VC Elements
     */
    if( defined( 'WPB_VC_VERSION' ) ) :
        add_action( 'vc_before_init', 'gillion_child_vc_before_init_actions' );
        function gillion_child_vc_before_init_actions() {

require_once( get_template_directory().'/inc/vc.php' );
            require_once( get_stylesheet_directory().'/inc/elements/blog-slider.php' );

}
    endif;

Then change the class name vcBlogSlider and shortcode name vcg_blog_slider in the copied file blog-slider.php

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

przyzielonymstole
    Participant

Thanks a lot. As far as this please tell me – “change the class name vcBlogSlider and shortcode name vcg_blog_slider in the copied file blog-slider.php” – change to what?

Change it to whatever you want to. You have to just make sure that both are not same.

przyzielonymstole
    Participant

I think it works correctly. Could you please take a look if everything is OK and stay the same after theme update?

Thanks!

If you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation but this is not the case with child theme where the changes persists even after theme updation.

przyzielonymstole
    Participant

OK, I’ve found one error after this operation. There was a button on the slider, below slider title. It was here: http://prntscr.com/jhrp3c Now it’s gone.

The code responsible for this button is in gillion-child/inc/elements/blog-slider.php file and looks like this:

<div class=”slider-button”>
    <input type=”button” name=”btn” class=”btn-style” value=”PRZYSIĄDŹ SIĘ!” />
    </div>

Could you help me to get the button back? Thanks!

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

przyzielonymstole
    Participant

I understand that you can’t customize everyhting 🙂 But actually you did it before providing me some code to paste into functions.php 🙂 And because of using this code one element of the slider is missing now. Button CTA dissapeared which was located under the title. Could you please be so kind and chceck it? Without this button the whole operation doesn’t make sense. Thanks!

Ok then Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

przyzielonymstole
    Participant

Of course, no problem, thank you!

Solution for this topic

You were using wrong Blog slider content element instead of Blog slider edited content element as shown in the attached screenshot.

I changed it and now the button is displaying in the slider.

Could you please confirm whether it is displaying fine for you also?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

przyzielonymstole
    Participant

OK, it was my fault. I thought it will change by itself. Yes, now everything is OK. Thank you for your patience!

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)