Blog Thumbnails skewed inside blog page post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Blog Thumbnails skewed inside blog page post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Blog Thumbnails skewed inside blog page post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • pixlus
    Participant

How do I keep the blog thumbnail photos to not be resolution skewed?

Depending on the Photos size WxHxP some look good and others get squashed an skewed.

Please let me know if there is a way to force auto size that has fixed locked aspect ratio. Which no matter what size you place in the thumbnail it will look decent and not out of skew.

You can see even in the demo the white paper when viewed in the blog is chopped off and skewed slightly.

https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/blog1/2016/11/23/couple-of-cool-mock-up-ideas/

thanks!

Hi @pixlus,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The thumbnail displayed on the single post page is of size 1200px X 675px so you need to make sure that you are using the images having a minimum that size.

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

pixlus
    Participant

here are a couple

https://jevelin.wpengine.com/?p=172

https://jevelin.wpengine.com/?p=174

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pixlus
    Participant

I am basically looks for the exact dimensions for a blog post on Jevelin to not be skewed in both the thumbnail and blog view.

#px X #px X #dpi?

You can try resolving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

#page-container .post-meta-thumb img {
        width: auto !important;
        min-width: 0;
    }

#page-container .post-meta-thumb {
        display: table;
        margin: 0 auto;
    }

pixlus
    Participant

it didn’t work, I think you are getting close though…any other ideas?

Could you please share the screenshots of the screens where you are getting the issue and tell me how you want it to display so that I can help you?

pixlus
    Participant

Ok here is one screen shot showing the actual result of my blog post image being skewed. They are all like this because the images are all different sizes.

I have also attached the original image which is a perfect circle.

The goal is to be able to post any size and dimension image and the blog post (image placeholder) page will not skew it, nor remove the aspect ratio. Meaning we need the image ratio to remain in tack HxW – just be smaller or larger, while not changing the ratio between Height and width.

An ideal scenario would be to re-size the entire image  – while maintaining aspect ratios. Doing so while make the image as big is it can be by filling up the size of the image place holder for the blog post page it’s self, without skewing nor squashing the image, nor cutting it off, by cropping top, bottom left or right. Just a clean full size image in the blog post.

Does that make sense?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by pixlus.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pixlus
    Participant

I took a back up

added the custom css code

ran the plug in

This worked on about half of the thumbnails the other half have no change.

Any thoughts?

Also please regenerate the thumbnails on your site using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

pixlus
    Participant

That is the plug in I ran… it worked on about 50%, any other ideas?

thx

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

pixlus
    Participant

Its behind a firewall

we can do a screens share or tell me what to screenshot…

I need to access your site to troubleshoot it so screen sharing won’t work.

Could you please make your site accessible or if you have a development site then please share its access?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)