Thumbnail Size for blog post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Thumbnail Size for blog post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Thumbnail Size for blog post

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • pzl
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound Support,

Is there a way to resize the thumbnail for the blog post? As I have noticed that the size of the featured image is 788×443 and I will like the thumbnail to be a multiple of this. This is to prevent the edges from being cropped off. Thanks.

Solution for this topic

Hi @pzl,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by using the custom plugin attached to this reply and changing the size of images in its code.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pzl
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound Team,

Is it possible to upload a separate image to be used as the blog thumbnail? As I noticed that the image has been scaled down a lot (from 660×420 to 236×150). Consequently, it increases the total page size and loading time. Thanks!

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

pzl
    Participant

I tried the plugin attached in your previous post. But none of them points to resizing the thumbnail size. Is there any details on how I can use the plugin? Thanks.

You have to edit the plugin code.

If you don’t know how to to do that then you can consider hiring a developer.

pzl
    Participant

I tried editing the plugin code. However, there is no add_image_size that relates to the width and height of the thumbnail. So I was hoping you will drop a hint on this. Thank you.

Solution for this topic

In the plugin you will see the code as following.

function custom_jevelin_general_setup(){
    set_post_thumbnail_size( 660, 420, true );
    add_image_size( 'jevelin-portrait', 420, 660, true );
    add_image_size( 'jevelin-square', 660, 660, true );
    add_image_size( 'jevelin-landscape-large', 1200, 675, true );
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'custom_jevelin_general_setup', 999 );

In the above code the functions set_post_thumbnail_size & add_image_size are used and its first argument 660 is width and second argument 420 is height.

You have to change this width and height then regenerate the thumbnails on your site using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

pzl
    Participant

May I check with you if 1200×675 will be the optimal image size for the featured image?

As I am trying to understand the relationship between the size of the featured image, thumbnail on the main page, and thumbnail on related post.

I was looking at the blog demo and everything looks perfect to me.

Hence, I am trying to diagnose the problem on mine.

Thank you.

May I check with you if 1200×675 will be the optimal image size for the featured image?

Yes

pzl
    Participant

I re-created and crop an image of size 1200×675 and upload it to be the featured image. At the same time, I used the attached plugin that you provided earlier and change the code to

set_post_thumbnail_size( 600, 338, true );

In the image folder, I have noted that a new image of size 600×338 was created; and I believed this was used as the thumbnail. With that, the issue of the cropped edges were resolved.

However, I noticed a huge drop in quality despite uploading the image at the highest quality (same as previously). In fact, the image appears slightly blurry.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

Please advice. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Please make sure that you have regenerated the thumbnails on your site using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)