Button in timeline

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Button in timeline

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Button in timeline

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Streamliners
    Participant

Hello Shufflehound team,

I would like to add a button within the timeline content part with a link that should a) open an external page in a new window OR b) scroll down to another section within the page.

What shortcode should be added to achieve this and how can the button be formatted in various ways (I am looking into using formatting options similar to when adding a “Button” element)?

Thanks.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

You could try something like this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/buttons-shortcode-and-widget/

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Streamliners
    Participant

Hi again,

I have tried this but it is far from perfect. It comes along with built in styles for the button, e.g., font type is standard that you cannot change from the plugin.

Could one of the button types you have in the theme and I am using elsewhere be not added here simply between <div> sections?

Thanks.

Shufflehound

Maybe we can help you to change font for this plugins button to make it look more integrated?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Streamliners
    Participant

Yes, it would be great. I am attaching the website address in the private section.

Explanation:

Button to be formatted: in timeline section in the Masterclasses part of the page

Reference button whose formatting should be used: in title of the page “LEARN MORE”

If you can share the CSS/HTML, I can include it directly in the timeline text editor.

Thanks.

Shufflehound

Please try this CSS snippet bellow and let us know if that works (you can place it here – Admin Dashboard -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code )

body .otw-button {
        font-family: inherit;
        border-radius: 35px;
        background-color: #ccb54a;
        display: block!important;
        width: 100%;
        background-image: none;
        border: none;
        box-shadow: none;
        text-shadow: none;
        font-size: 13px;
        padding: 19px 41px;
        max-width: 240px;
        transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out;
    }

Streamliners
    Participant

Hi again,

Thank you! It has got much better, however the animation function does not seem to work and hover colours are not perfect.

The button inherits the built-in hover colour, border colour and text shading as defined by the plugin you recommended. That is also perhaps the reason why the animation does not work. In the plugin you cannot make modifications needed to make the button colours and behaviour fully compliant with the rest of the theme, it looks. Any option to go around this problem w/o the plugin? Or other ideas?

Bonus question:

How can you position the button horizontally in the middle of the timeline box?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

We improved some things, so please test this improved CSS snippet, by replacing previous one.

body .otw-button {
        font-family: inherit;
        border-radius: 35px!important;
        background-color: #ccb54a!important;
        display: block!important;
        width: 80%;
        background-image: none!important;
        border: none!important;
        box-shadow: none!important;
        text-shadow: none!important;
        font-size: 13px!important;
        padding: 19px 41px;
        max-width: 240px;
        transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out!important;
        letter-spacingnormal;
        margin: 0 auto; /* For centering button */
    }

body .otw-button:hover {
        letter-spacing2px!important;
    }

Streamliners
    Participant

Thank you. Made some small editing still and now it is almost the same as in the theme.

Hats off for the excellent support. You are faster responding questions then myself asking them 🙂

Shufflehound

Nice to hear that. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)