cant use table of contents plus with the theme GILLION

Home Forums Gillion Theme cant use table of contents plus with the theme GILLION

Home Forums Gillion Theme cant use table of contents plus with the theme GILLION

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Dha07hk
    Participant

I am trying to use the table of contents plus with the theme GILLION. But If I add the shortcode of [toc] then my entire website shoes an error:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare gillion_render_js() (previously declared in /home/MyDomain/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/static.php:77) in <b>/home/MyDomain/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/static.php</b> on line <b>78</b>

table of contents plus works well if I don’t use the ShortCode [toc]. And I have tested on other themes with the ShortCode, the shows no ERROR.

Hi @Dha07hk,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

It seems the plugin also tries to declare gillion_render_js function which is already declared in the Gillion theme causing this error.

You can contact the plugin developer to confirm it and resolve by changing function name.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Dha07hk
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for your quick response. I am using Table of contents which is free. Instead of asking them I can ask GILLION support to make the change. coz I have not paid them I paid Shufflehound. Table of contents is really an important thing, I would like to request you guys to make the change on function or it will be better if Shufflehound adds a built-in Table of content option on their themes. also, you guys can get some additional customers only for this option. coz customers like me who don’t like to install plugins will definitely buy this theme.

Hi, Thanks for your quick response. I am using Table of contents which is free. Instead of asking them I can ask GILLION support to make the change. coz I have not paid them I paid Shufflehound.

You can clearly see the function name gillion_render_js contains theme name which is according to WordPress standards but why the plugin is using that name?

The plugin name doesn’t have gillion word so it should not use it in the function name which is against WordPress standards.

We can’t change the function name for all users as it might effect their sites so i have changed it for you and attached modified theme to this reply so please delete the theme on your site and use attached modified theme.

Table of contents is really an important thing, I would like to request you guys to make the change on function or it will be better if Shufflehound adds a built-in Table of content option on their themes. also, you guys can get some additional customers only for this option. coz customers like me who don’t like to install plugins will definitely buy this theme.

It is actually plugin territory but still if possible we will consider your feature request to be implemented in the future version of theme.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)