Category not loading

Home Forums Gillion Theme Category not loading

Home Forums Gillion Theme Category not loading

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • TSurF
    Participant

Hello Shufflehound team,

I have purchased your Gillion theme, it looks awesome btw, well done!

I am having a problem getting a category to show on the front page.

If i load the category via the URL https://pattayatoday.net/category/news it will load no problem and display all posts. However, if i try to add the category ‘News’ to any of the Gillion elements, it will not load the posts.

Please let me know what i should do to resolve this issue.

All the best,

TSurF

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by TSurF.

TSurF
    Participant

So it turns out that it will list a category ‘News’ if that category is NOT category ID 1

I am currently in the process of moving all 4888 posts to a new category as work around, just thought you should know this!!!

My news category is now ‘Pattaya News’ and I am moving all posts to the new category ‘News’

Hi TSurF,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please tell me exactly which Gillion element you are having the issue with or share me the screenshot of it so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

TSurF
    Participant

Being honest with you, all of them would not show post category 1, by all means login and make a test page and try to add an element showing post category ID 1 (Pattaya News) to test.

TSurF
    Participant

I am also noticing that the category “Food & Restaurants” will not load posts

I am assuming because of the & symbol in the name

I created a test page and used category ID 1 (Pattaya News) in it which worked fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

TSurF
    Participant

Strange, perhaps there was a glitch. How about the Food & Restaurants category?

Please test it yourself by using the category and If you face the issue then please share me the page URL where you are using it.

TSurF
    Participant

Hi,

Please go here: https://pattayatoday.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=24725&action=edit

How come there is no title?

Is there a setting i need to change? If so, where is it? I have looked and looked!!

The theme doesn’t disable post title.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

TSurF
    Participant

Thanks for your help, I found that it was classic editor.

Last quick question for you. Can I set the default post header layout to be “With Ad place”?

Thanks for all of your help and patients

Last quick question for you. Can I set the default post header layout to be “With Ad place”?

Yes, Just set it in the theme Header settings and make sure you have set Header Layout to Default from theme options in the page and post settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

TSurF
    Participant

Hi, no thats not what i meant. I would like to keep the header as is (centre with menu below and centre) on all pages apart from the post page. When a post loads i would like it so the logo moves to the left to make room for a banner on the right.

I am not sure I understood your question here so please explain it a bit more in detail by sharing the screenshots.

TSurF
    Participant

The header is currently set to: Logo/menu center (icons in logo area)

This means it is like this throughout the whole website the entire time..

I would like the hear to be default on post pages to be: With ad place

So on all pages apart from Posts, I would like Logo/menu center (icons in logo area) and on all post pages I would like With ad place but without having to select it all the time (making it default).

I hope this is a clearer explanation for you

I understood your requirements.

There isn’t any setting to achieve this.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/gillion-multiconcept-blogmagazine-theme/19470306/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)