Change layout blog page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Change layout blog page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Change layout blog page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • dirkvang
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the home as my blog page too. So it generates all blog posts under the home content. However, the first post is full width and the rest in 3 columns. How can I change the format of that first post to be 2 columns of 2 posts, instead of 1 post?

Hi @dirkvang,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Please edit your website homepage and its content element that is displaying the blog post full width then you can change its layout in its settings.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dirkvang
    Participant

Sorry I dont get it. There is no content element that is displaying the full width post. Its default behaviour for when I use my homepage as blog page.

The result is that my homepage simply displays all blog posts, those start BELOW “Alle artikelen” which is the last content element on the page that I created.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Then could you please share the screenshot of the content area of the page from page edit screen in the admin area of your website so that I can understand how you have created that content?

Or would you mind if I log in to your site and check it myself? If this is ok then could you please temporarily share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

dirkvang
    Participant

Hi that would be great, I’ll provide access to our dev environment. You can go ahead and change it anyway you like.

My end goal is:

1. Be able to determine the layout of the homepage blogposts. For example, I’d like to use a 2 column layout of the first 2 posts and a 3 column layout for the rest of the posts.
    2. Use pagination on the bottom of the page, below the blog posts, like you can see now. Like: “1,2,3,4….47”.

Solution for this topic

How can I change the format of that first post to be 2 columns of 2 posts, instead of 1 post?

Be able to determine the layout of the homepage blogposts. For example, I’d like to use a 2 column layout of the first 2 posts and a 3 column layout for the rest of the posts.

You can just remove the full-width format of first post by editing the page and set its Blog Featured Post option to Off in the Blog settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

There isn’t any theme option to achieve the 2 and 3 columns post format that you want to display.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/gillion-multiconcept-blogmagazine-theme/19470306/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Use pagination on the bottom of the page, below the blog posts, like you can see now. Like: “1,2,3,4….47”.

I have set it to display pagination as shown in the second attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dirkvang
    Participant

Ok thank you!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)