Changing text on the homepage

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Changing text on the homepage

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Changing text on the homepage

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • jivque
    Participant

Hey guys,

I can’t figure out how to change text on the homepage in the header. I chose a demo blog template and was customising it, but the only way I found to change the text through the Page and then in the Yoast SEO snippet when I change the text it changes. Weird…. SEO snipetts are not for that I assume.

I edited the subheading through page settings Header tab and then description.
    That all seems like the wrong way to do it. Since I also cannot find where I can change the colour of the text or the left align and such.
    Oh, and there is a Home link under the text, and I don’t know how to remove it.
    Please help a noob 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @jivque,
    Thank you for your questions.

You can try changing it from theme titlebar settings or individually from page or post header settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

jivque
    Participant

Hi,

the problem persists. There is no way I can find to remove the breadcrumb, or to left align the text (even though I went into both settings you recommended and tried changing everything to see what would happen).

And I also tried changing the logo in the footer settings and even after uploading the image, the Jevelin logo was still there.

You or your colleague told me to get in touch via email https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/customise-controls-missing/#post-1840 so that you can troubleshoot something else, but can we merge these 2 problems?

I’m new at wordpress but I do get how it works and have watched various videos and posts (mostly from wpbeginner) trying to resolve these issues, but there are just some things that are illogical to me.

Thank you for your support. And I have to say I still love your theme 🙂 It’s awesome.

Solution for this topic

You can change the header text and remove breadcrumb from Home page header settings as shown in the attached screenshots. I have tested it on your site and it is working fine.

Also i can see you have added footer logo on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Just ignore the titlebar settings as it is not for header but the title of the page as shown in the last attached screenshot.

You can left align the text and changes its color by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

h1.titlebar-title-h1, .sh-titlebar-desc {
        text-align: left;
        color: #7dc35c!important;
    }

Please change the color value in the above code to whatever you want to use by referring the following pages.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorvalues.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp

Attachments:

jivque
    Participant

Thank you very much!
    Just one thing left – I did put the logo in the footer, but not where I wanted to.
    I actually wanted to replace the Jevelin logo (the one in the attached image), but trying to do that I just added the logo to the footer bar.
    And of course, I don’t know how to make this change so – please help 🙂

Attachments:

I actually wanted to replace the Jevelin logo (the one in the attached image)

I don’t see any Jevelin logo in your shared screenshot.

Please advise.

jivque
    Participant

It’s white on a white grey background 🙂 but it’s there 🙂

jivque
    Participant

Aaaaand now I have another problem…

I changed the navigation colour to red, and it changed everywhere but on the homepage. How come?

Solution for this topic

It’s white on a white grey background ? but it’s there ?

Ok you can change it from footer shufflehound image widget added in the Footer Widgets area.

I changed the navigation colour to red, and it changed everywhere but on the homepage. How come?

It seems you are facing the same issue as reported in this topic https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/demo-themes-navigation-colors-and-rollovers/

You can try resolving the issue on your site by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

#page-container .sh-header-search-close i, 
    #page-container .sh-header .sh-nav > li.menu-item > a, 
    #page-container .sh-header .sh-nav > li.menu-item > a > i, 
    #page-container .sh-header-mobile-navigation li.menu-item > a > i, 
    #page-container .sh-header-left-side li.menu-item > a, 
    #page-container .sh-header-left-2 .sh-side-button-search, 
    #page-container .sh-header-left-2 .sh-side-button-cart, 
    #page-container .sh-header-left-2 .sh-side-button-cart .sh-nav-cart i, 
    #page-container .sh-header-left-2 .sh-nav li.menu-item > a.fa:before {
        color: #ff3c1f!important;
    }

#page-container .sh-header .sh-nav > li.current_page_item > a, 
    #page-container .sh-header .sh-nav > li.current-menu-ancestor > a, 
    #page-container .sh-header-left-side .sh-nav > li.current_page_item > a {
        color: #26313b !important;
    }

#page-container .sh-header .sh-nav > li.menu-item:hover:not(.sh-nav-social) > a, 
    #page-container .sh-header .sh-nav > li.menu-item:hover:not(.sh-nav-social) > a > i,
    #page-container .sh-header .sh-nav > li.sh-nav-social > a:hover > i, 
    #page-container .sh-header-mobile-navigation li > a:hover > i, 
    #page-container .sh-header-left-side li.menu-item > a:hover {
        color: #26313b !important;
    }

jivque
    Participant

Yes! It worked.

Thank you Shufflehound Support, who ever you may be 🙂

Much obliged.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)