Child style.css not working.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Child style.css not working.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Child style.css not working.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • roobinda
    Participant

If i place css in jevelin style.css, it works. If i place the same css in javelin-child style.css, it does not. Obviously functions.php in the child theme is not enqueuing the child stylesheet properly.

WP states that the functions.php in the child theme should contain…

<?php function my_theme_enqueue_styles() { $parent_style = ‘parent-style’; // This is ‘twentyfifteen-style’ for the Twenty Fifteen theme. wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ ); wp_enqueue_style( ‘child-style’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’, array( $parent_style ), wp_get_theme()->get(‘Version’) ); } add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘my_theme_enqueue_styles’ ); ?>

where parent-style is the same $handle used in the parent theme when it registers it’s stylesheet.

This usually works for me but $jevelin-style does not seem to be right. What should it be?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

It was working for us, but we made a little improvements to file enqueue function.

Please download and test our latest beta version bellow and let us know if the issue is fixed.

Please login to access this file

Update: We made few more improvements

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

roobinda
    Participant

I have tried this and I’m afraid it still doesn’t work.

I am resorting to using the custom css section of the theme settings, but this is not what i want to do. I would like the child style.css up and running!

Please help.

Both the above child themes are working fine for me and loading the style.css file of child theme but it loads style.css file of child theme before the style.css file of parent theme so i modified the code of it to load the file after parent file.
    Please try using the following child theme file removing the existing one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7X-aZPqO9LzZE9fdUh3ZllfWFE/view

If you still face any issue with it then could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

roobinda
    Participant

How do I enter private content?

Could you please tell me regarding which private content you are talking about and where do you want to enter it?

Do you mean you want to add your child theme code in to the shared child theme?

If yes then just share me your child theme so that i can help you.

roobinda
    Participant

No, you asked me to share my url. You’ll need log in credentials too right? To see why it’s not working…

I don’t want to share these with everyone on the forum!

You don’t need to share the log in details if you use our above shared child theme.

If the above shared recent child theme not working for you then please share the site log in credentials privately on [email protected] and include URL / name of this topic in it.

roobinda
    Participant

Done.

I logged in to your site and saw you are using correct code in your child theme but you have not activated it so please try activating it as shown in this screenshot http://imgur.com/a/csGal and let me know how it works for you.

roobinda
    Participant

Wow! I am an idiot!

Thank you for your patience.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)