Child Theme Not Overriding Parent?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Child Theme Not Overriding Parent?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Child Theme Not Overriding Parent?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • dereksieb
    Participant

Hello, in regards to my question #2 from https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/customize-titlebar/ <b>- </b>I’d like to move the breadcrumbs from the right side to the left side. How can I achieve this? Where should I put the code? Which theme file?

In my chrome browser inspector, I found this:
    <div class=”styles-section-title styles-selector”>
    <div></div>
    <div>
    <div class=”styles-section-title styles-selector”>
    <div><span class=”selector”><span class=”simple-selector selector-matches”>.sh-titlebar .title-level</span></span> {</div>
    <div><span class=”webkit-css-property”>     text-align</span>: <span class=”value”>right</span>;</div>
    </div>
    <div class=”sidebar-pane-closing-brace”>}</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div></div>
    <div>And in my chrome inspector, when I change the “right” to “left” it does exactly what I’m trying to do. It moves the breadcrumbs to the left side.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>However, when I add this code to the custom css, it doesn’t do anything. I also tried adding this to my child theme style.css file, and it still doesn’t do anything.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Is this an issue with my child theme not overriding the parent theme properly, or am I not adding the correct code? Or should I try adding the code in a different location?</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Thanks again,</div>
    <div>Derek</div>

Hi Derek,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you to achieve it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)