Comment function - leave a reply

Home Forums Gillion Theme Comment function – leave a reply

Home Forums Gillion Theme Comment function – leave a reply

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • js
    Participant

Good morning,

To leave a reply you have to be logged in. For login I use a plugin which is working fine. But login/logout with the comment function does not comply with login plugin.

How can I achieve that both ‘login/logout’ are complying? Or even that the login/logout of the comment function is disabled?

Hope it comes across what my issue is.

Best regards,

Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Please tell me a bit more in detail what you meant by “login/logout with the comment function does not comply with login plugin” and what exact issue you are facing.

Also could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not working correctly so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

js
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you. If I click the login button at the ‘Leave a reply box’ than I’ll be redirect to the WordPress login page.

How can I achieve to redirect to the login page of the site?

Best regards,

Jürgen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

It is generated by WordPress function comment_form use din the below theme file.

/gillion/comments.php

To modify it you have to overwrite this file in the Gillion child theme and modify arguments of comment_form function.

js
    Participant

Good morning,

Thank you. I Understand to solve the issue you need coding skill which I don’t have.  Therefore is it possible to disable the login-link instead just have a simple comment, like ‘to you have to be logged in to write a comment’?

Best regards,

Jürgen

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-comment-form p.must-log-in {
        font-size: 0;
    }
    .sh-comment-form p.must-log-in:before {
    content: "You must be logged in to post a comment.";
    font-size: 15px;
    }

js
    Participant

Thank you. It’s working fine. But same issue with logged in users. In this case to remove the whole text. Just keep the Headline ‘Leave a Reply’. How to achieve?

js
    Participant

… and sorry forgot. Further more if send an empty comment field you get redirect to a page where an error message occurs. Is it possible no redirection instead to stay on the same page and the error message occurs in comment field?

Best regards,

Jürgen

Solution for this topic

In this case to remove the whole text. Just keep the Headline ‘Leave a Reply’. How to achieve?

Please use below CSS code to achieve this.

.sh-comment-form p.logged-in-as,
    .sh-comment-form p.must-log-in {
        display: none;
    }

… and sorry forgot. Further more if send an empty comment field you get redirect to a page where an error message occurs. Is it possible no redirection instead to stay on the same page and the error message occurs in comment field?

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

js
    Participant

Thank you. It’s working. Understand.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)