Creating 2 blog pages

Home Forums Gillion Theme Creating 2 blog pages

Home Forums Gillion Theme Creating 2 blog pages

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • iadded
    Participant

Hi

My site has 2 types of posts – blog posts and recipes.

I would like to have 2 separate pages – one used as front page for the blog posts (not including the recipes) – and another showing only the recipes.

Could you please guide me on how to create this kind of setup ?

Thanks

Inbal

Solution for this topic

Hi Inbal,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by assigning separate categories for blog posts and recipes then create two separate blog pages for them and configure them as shown in the attached screenshots.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iadded
    Participant

Thank you for the fast reply.

That is exactly what i did – i have 2 pages – both defined as blog and each presenting a different category.

My problem is setting one of the pages to be the “homepage”.

Please look at the attached picture – when i try to set it this way – i dont see the menu of my site – something looks very wrong

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I am not sure what you meant by “i dont see the menu of my site” so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing screenshot of it?

iadded
    Participant

Actually what i think is happening is that my Posts page does not display the titlebar with the menu for some reason.
    I will try and post screenshots later today

iadded
    Participant

Managed to solve it !!

Thanks for you replies.

I have one more question …

I have a page presenting my Recipe posts – and at the beginning of the page – before the posts – i would like to have a short text in a styled box – in the middle of the page (just a short description).

What would be the best way to achieve that ? if i just add the test in my page – it appears on the left … not very pretty

I have a page presenting my Recipe posts – and at the beginning of the page – before the posts – i would like to have a short text in a styled box – in the middle of the page (just a short description).

What would be the best way to achieve that ? if i just add the test in my page – it appears on the left … not very pretty

We can achieve this developing custom CSS code.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

iadded
    Participant

Thanks again for being so responsive !!!

https://nopieceofcake.blog/recipes/

I’m referring to the text on the top left bellow the header.

I would like it to be in a nice box in the middle – as this is a short description of this page – it should come before the posts

Solution for this topic

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.page-id-181 .sh-pagebuilder-content {
        width: 800px!important;
        max-width: 100%;
        margin: 0 auto;
    }

iadded
    Participant

Yes – now its in the middle of the page.

I still want to customize it – i would like the text to be in some styled “container”.

I guess i can do it with css right ?

iadded
    Participant

Managed to customize it – looks much better now.

All i’m missing is how to give it a little space form the page header … (i’m not a css master)

Can you give me an advice ?

Solution for this topic

All i’m missing is how to give it a little space form the page header … (i’m not a css master)

Can you give me an advice ?

Use below custom CSS code to achieve this.

.page-id-181 .sh-pagebuilder-content {
        margin-top: 30px;
    }

iadded
    Participant

Thanks so much – exactly what i wanted !!!

You are most welcome here 🙂

iadded
    Participant

As expected – i have one additional issue.

Before installing Gillion theme – i used another theme (on of the available themes from wordpress).

I create a few posts – and added pictures in the posts – picture were nicely laid out (tiled).

Now – after installing Gillion – when i look at the posts – the pictures are not arranged – and there is an error message above the pictures – you can see an example in this post :

https://nopieceofcake.blog/2018/04/26/whenever-in-doubt-strain-thomas-keller/

Please help me solve this issue

Thanks

Inbal

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

iadded
    Participant

No problem – i’ll open a new thread

Thank you

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)