Cropped images in featured gallery

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cropped images in featured gallery

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cropped images in featured gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • dellgirl
    Participant

Is it possible to prevent cropping images in the gallery if the blog post has a gallery type? I would like images in the gallery slider to have preserved aspect ratio.

Hi @dellgirl,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dellgirl
    Participant

Ok, but I really don’t understand how that can be ‘custom functionality’.

I have in gallery two images with the same size and same aspect ratio. Why they have to be cropped? I would understand resizing them so they fit in a slider, but crop…

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

dellgirl
    Participant

The blog post is still in draft mode.

Here are screenshots of images in WordPress Media Library and in featured gallery slider.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

zenfiretrading
    Participant

Hey Dellgirl I just would edit all your photos to “make up for the cropped space”. Thats what I did. I dealt with the same problems and they told me “custom code” LOL

if the post is in draft mode then would you mind if I log in to your site and access it? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

dellgirl
    Participant

Ok, here are my login details.

Problem is the latest blog post, only one in draft mode.

@zenfiretrading

Let’s see if there is some other solution 😉

Thank you for sharing your site credentials but it seems you missed to share your site URL so could you please share it?

Solution for this topic

I logged into your site and resolved the issue by adding the following code in the functions.php file of your child theme.

function custom_gillion_general_setup(){
    add_image_size( 'gillion-landscape-large', 9999, 9999, true );
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'custom_gillion_general_setup', 9999 );

And added below CSS code in the style.css file of the child theme.

.post-gallery-item .sh-ratio-content {
        background-size: contain;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

Could you please confirm it?

dellgirl
    Participant

Yes, that’s it. Thank you so much.

I just had to move ‘prev/next’ buttons and page counter towards the center of the slider to be visible.

So, when you say ‘custom functionality’ we just have to insist or say ‘pretty please’? 🙂

So, when you say ‘custom functionality’ we just have to insist or say ‘pretty please’?

Not actually, we will do it if it is small and if we don’t have any workload as we are not bound to do it.

dellgirl
    Participant

I understand, of course, I was just kidding.

Well, thanks again.

Problem solved.

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)