Exclude latest blog post from Blog Slider

Home Forums Gillion Theme Exclude latest blog post from Blog Slider

Home Forums Gillion Theme Exclude latest blog post from Blog Slider

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Tord
    Participant

Hi, thanks again for a great theme and regular updates!

I wondered if it would be possible to consider to add an option to exclude the latest blogpost from the Blog Slider, since especially on mobile devices today you get the same article twice in a row.

Example: https://etlevendevika.no

If you could exclude the latest, or maybe x number of the latest articles, the slider combined with the blog post list would look better and people would not get the same content listed twice.

Or is there any options here that I may have missed?

I know you can choose which articles should show up in the Blog Slider, but it is really a lot of work to gather post id’s and change the position of new posts, since the Show Only Specific Posts field does not display from left to right either.

Hi Tord,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can display posts in the Blog Slider by category like featured and assign that category to the posts that you want to display in the slider.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Tord
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I know this but we would like to have all articles featured eventually, so we want to use this great slider to show articles that are a bit older to try to get attention to them again, as most people don’t scroll that much.

That’s why we want to have a possibility to just not put in the number of articles displayed but also the number of articles it will skip based on publishing date.

You can see if this is something that could be implemented in the future, we will anyway continue using this great theme and recommend it to others 🙂

Sure we will consider this to be developed in the future version of theme.

Thank you for your feedback 🙂

Tord
    Participant

Thanks a lot for super fast implementation 🙂

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)