Featured & Slider images from background images to img dom elements

Home Forums Gillion Theme Featured & Slider images from background images to img dom elements

Home Forums Gillion Theme Featured & Slider images from background images to img dom elements

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • nextgenerationn
    Participant

I am struggling with one annoying thing on my website. I am trying to have my images fit exactly as they are in the boxes of the posts (such as featured images, sliders, etc). I noticed they are placed under the background-image property of the style and there is no way for me to have nicely responsive images. They are burdened by those containers and I hate them.

Now… I can overwrite your theme settings and delete those from the background-image property and add an IMG dom element and rework the whole responsiveness of the website regarding featured images.

What would be your take on this? Should I rewrite or go another way?

Please check the attachments to see what I am trying to achieve and what I currently have.

First image is what I have after already editing a property in my child theme regarding hooks.php (set_thumbnail_size or so to 1200×1170) as I’ve been following some threads around here.

Second image is what I would rewrite.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @nextgenerationn,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that I can troubleshoot it?

Also please try regenerating thumbnails on your site using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

nextgenerationn
    Participant

Thank you for such a fast answer.

The url is the homepage, I don’t think you understood my question here…

Your code:

Image1

My preferred code:

Image2

The thing is, having your code makes my images not fit in the container as I want them to fit.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

I can help you to make the images fir in the container if you share me your site URL.

nextgenerationn
    Participant

I can do this myself. I was just wondering if this is a good approach as I am not a “wordpress developer”.

Yes, there isn’t any issue doing this.

nextgenerationn
    Participant

Thank you. You can also mark this as resolved.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)