Footer Copyrights Injection

Home Forums Gillion Theme Footer Copyrights Injection

Home Forums Gillion Theme Footer Copyrights Injection

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • nextgenerationn
    Participant

I want to have my own copyrights in the footer. I can have my own copyrights in the footer but then what do I discover?

For a theme I fully paid you inject your own copyrights again but this time with a hidden class so the normal users can’t see it but you milk out the juice of my website for your own SEO gain.

Could you explain to me and your customers why do you this? It’s a shady business model, to say the least.

I have also disabled the “Developer copyrights” option explicitly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @nextgenerationn,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

We have implemented the option to remove it from the Jevelin theme as shown in the attached screenshot but it seems to miss implementing it for Gillion theme which we will do in the next version of the theme.

Thank you for notifying us about this.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

nextgenerationn
    Participant

But why lie in the first place? It is already implemented in Gillion (see my attached screenshot) to turn off your credits. This is a simple abusing of the people that know no code.

Attachments:

It is not lying. We have not specified anywhere that it removes the copyright code but said that it disables it.

nextgenerationn
    Participant

So what does “disable” means for you?

Where I am from disabling it means not having it at all anywhere.

We have already described above what we meant and also told you that it will be implemented in the future version of the theme.

In the meanwhile, you can remove the code by editing the below theme file on line number 30

/gillion/inc/templates/footer-copyrights.php

nextgenerationn
    Participant

I know how to remove it.

You are just trying to play this as being the good guys while getting SEO power from the guys that bought the theme. Shame on you.

We have already explained to you the reason and tried our best to help you but you are not willing to cooperate.

FYI, please note this type of language is not permitted to use in this forum so please take this as a reminder before we take an action on these types of replies.

nextgenerationn
    Participant

“you are not willing to cooperate” – all I wanted is you to admit what you’ve done and that you are gaining benefits (without the buyers knowing) for a feature you masked as an illusion of control over the paid theme.

“FYI, please note this type of language is not permitted to use in this forum so please take this as a reminder before we take an action on these types of replies” – trying to intimidate me won’t work guys. I said nothing wrong. “this type of language” sounds like a communist type of suppression on your forum.

We have already told you that we have developed two themes ( Jevelin & Gillion ) and we took permission from the user whether he wants to completely remove the copyrights or just make it invisible by providing two options as displayed in the above shared screenshot.

But unfortunately, we only did it for the Jevelin theme and missed to implement it for the Gillion theme which we realized when you notify us here and we thanked you for notifying us and we assure you that we will implement this feature in the future version of the theme.

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of the theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)