Getting critical error with new installation

Home Forums Gillion Theme Getting critical error with new installation

Home Forums Gillion Theme Getting critical error with new installation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • tindertotokyo
    Participant

I just purchased the theme and I’m getting a critical error after I install with WordPress v5.5.1 : “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” I installed Gillion v3.7.2.

When I activate, I get the error and can’t access my dashboard. I tried the live preview and I’m getting the error there as well.

Hi @tindertotokyo,

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using the latest version of the Gillion theme.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share me the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

tindertotokyo
    Participant

Yes please give it a try. Thanks!

Can you please try temporary enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it’s set to true.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

tindertotokyo
    Participant

I think I applied the wp_debug to correct file. I also went into recovery mode to restore the site so you can access it with wp-admin. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Please do not restore the website and just enable the wp_debug as described above.

tindertotokyo
    Participant

I applied it to all the wp-configs in the file manager. Let me know if there’s something I’m doing wrong in applying the line.

If possible please edit the WordPress wp-config.php file and wp_debug in it.

Could you please share your website FTP or cPanel file manager details so that I can troubleshoot it myself?

tindertotokyo
    Participant

Solution for this topic

The recent new update fixed this. You can close this thread now. Thank you.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)