Gillion gallery images displaying in low resolution.

Home Forums Gillion Theme Gillion gallery images displaying in low resolution.

Home Forums Gillion Theme Gillion gallery images displaying in low resolution.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • SylvesterMarcus
    Participant

Greetings.

In my shop, all my items have both a product image and one gallery image for an alternate view.  The product image shows up normally but the gallery image is very low resolution.

You can click on any product to see this. (link in private field).

All the images are uploaded at the same size (630×630). For some reason the product images are being displayed normally but the gallery images are being displayed at 200×200. I have looked through all the options but cannot find anything that changes the gallery image resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @SylvesterMarcus,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please try clearing and deactivating the cache that you are using on your website?

Please try regenerating thumbnails on your site using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

Also, could you please share the screenshot of the issue?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

SylvesterMarcus
    Participant

Thank you for responding. The issue is not with the thumbnails, they are fine (from what I can tell). The issue is when I click on the thumbnail and that image gets displayed.

Screenshot1 (attached) is the Product image that gets uploaded on the product page. It is uploaded at 600×600 pixels and that is what it displays as when you click on it.

Screenshot2 is a gallery image. When you click on it, the main image is shown at 200×200 pixels even though the media library confirms that it is 600×600.

I’ve looked through every menu option I can find (including WooCommerce) and cannot even find an option to resize gallery images.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SylvesterMarcus
    Participant

I re-generated the thumbnails with no effect.

I think I figured out what’s happening, I just don’t know why. I looks like the product pages are using the actual gallery thumbnail for the main image above it. When you look at the page info for any of my products, the product image (left image) is 600×600 for the main image and 220×220 for the thumbnail but for the gallery image (right image), both the thumbnail and main image are 220×220.

You can try resolving it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.woocommerce #page-container div.product div.images img {
        width: auto;
        margin: 0 auto;
    }

SylvesterMarcus
    Participant

That didn’t really work. Now, when you click on the gallery thumbnail, it just shows an image that’s slightly larger than the thumbnail itself. (see screenshot3).

Attachments:

You can set the image size in the WooCommerce settings as described on the below page.

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/fixing-blurry-product-images/

SylvesterMarcus
    Participant

That’s already been done. My images are set to 600×600. Something is taking the 600×600 image and forcing it down to 220×220 but then scaling it up to 461×461, causing the pixelation. It’s only doing this with gallery images however, not product images.

Attachments:

I could confirm the issue on my test site, therefore, I notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

SylvesterMarcus
    Participant

Just checking in to see if you know what the timeline for a fix will be. Thanks for any information.

Currently, I don’t have an exact timeline but it will be fixed soon.

SylvesterMarcus
    Participant

Solution for this topic

I just installed the 3.8 update and it works! Thank you for including this fix in the update. – Matt

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)