Gillion Page Displaying Posts By Author

Home Forums Gillion Theme Gillion Page Displaying Posts By Author

Home Forums Gillion Theme Gillion Page Displaying Posts By Author

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • willdthrill
    Participant

Hi there, I need some guidance to figure out how to create a page with the Gillion masonry grid displaying all posts by author. Was wondering if you had any recommendations on plugins or workarounds on how to create this type of page. The most important thing is to be able to create a page that will be visually seamless with the rest of the Gillion theme. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi @willdthrill,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The theme displays posts by the author as below.

https://gillion.shufflehound.com/author/gillionshufflehound/

Do you want to display it differently?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

willdthrill
    Participant

No. This is perfect. Is there any documentation on how this page is compiled? Is this authors page automatically generated when you turn on the author meta tags via the theme settings for posts? This might be the reason why it’s not working on our website. Please advise. Thanks!

Yes, it is a dynamic page that is automatically generated.

Could you please share your site URL so that I can tell you how you can access this page?

willdthrill
    Participant

URL is in the private information field. As you can see, the author link is defaulting back to the homepage because the Author and Date is being generated by a couple of plugins. It looks like the Author/Date meta tags have been turned off in the theme settings to accommodate the plugins and the author link is going nowhere. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Does it work fine If you deactivate those plugins?

willdthrill
    Participant

Yes. The Author link compiles a beautiful Gillion page listing all articles written by the assigned author of the blog posts when I deactivated the plugins and turned on the Author/Date meta tags in theme settings. So I guess we can confirm the culprit are the plugins? Thanks a lot!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by willdthrill.

Yes, you can contact the culprit plugin support to resolve the issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)