How can I remove "All" from portfolio categories

Home Forums Jevelin Theme How can I remove "All" from portfolio categories

Home Forums Jevelin Theme How can I remove "All" from portfolio categories

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • gusrazzetti
    Participant

How can I avoid Portfolio showing “All” elements on the menu. I just want the portfolio menu to display the categories I selected. Is there a way to do it without adding code?
    Cheers,
    Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The Unyson plugin doesn’t provide any option for it so we have to add code.

If you are comfortable with it then could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to remove it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

You can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-portfolio-filter-style3 .sh-filter-item[data-filter="*"] {
        display: none;
    }

gusrazzetti
    Participant

Hi there. Thanks. This works to eliminate “All” from the nav bar but it it’s showing all the content. I want it to show the categories I selected but when someone lands on the page, one of the categories should be highlighted and its content is shown. So then the user can click on the other categories and see its content too.

Now when they land, no category is selected by default, so ALL content is shown. Ideally, it could select a category randomly. If not, I would have the “culture of change” be selected by default.

Cheers,
    Gustavo

You can achieve this using the attached custom plugin on your site.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

gusrazzetti
    Participant

I couldn’t activate it. This seems a color lib plugin, which is a different theme to the one I’m using (Jevelin)

It has nothing to do with theme and it’s working fine on my test site with Jevelin theme.

Why can’t you activate it?

Are you getting any error or anything else?

gabomoreno
    Participant

I have the same question.  How do I use the plugin? I activated it but I dont know what to do afterwards.

(Edit )

Nevermind. I realized its a plugin that helps you embed your own JS code. I found the css selector for the nth category and clicked it by modifying the code a tiny bit:

$(‘.sh-filter .sh-filter-item:nth-child(2)’).trigger(‘click’);

Thanks much for the plugin and code.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by gabomoreno.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by gabomoreno.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)