How Remove category link fron POSTS and Breadcrumbs

Home Forums Jevelin Theme How Remove category link fron POSTS and Breadcrumbs

Home Forums Jevelin Theme How Remove category link fron POSTS and Breadcrumbs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • emascherpa
    Participant

Hi, I’m a SEO and I want use the theme in a particolar way because my client ask me a particolar layout.

I use a page that contain a post’s list of a determinate category. Now I have a problem: in a listing, in a post or in breadcrumbs in titlebar appear real category of posts and this create a duplicate content page (an automatic category page like a page that contain posts of that category).

For a real example in this page https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/searching-for-the-way-out/ (my site is under custruction) I need to point the link TRAVEL (category link) into the page TRAVEL that I have create. Because it’s impossible to do, I’d ask if is it possible REMOVE thoose links (leaving the category text name) or in alternative, remove all LABEL, text and link too.

I hope you understand my request. Attach a simple images.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @emascherpa,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try removing it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.single-post span.item-cat,
    .single-post span.item-cat + .separator,
    .single-post .post-meta-categories {
        display: none;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

emascherpa
    Participant

Hi, but that way links remain in the source code and for Google is a problem. The links doesn’t appear in the source code.

Thanks

Solution for this topic

You can it from page source code by using the attached custom child theme of Jevelin theme that contains some custom code.

Attachments:

emascherpa
    Participant

Hi, It’s almost perfect. How as you see, footer now is corrupted.

And into the widget “Shufflehound Recent post”, Category remain. Can i ask to remove it also from there?

Thanks a lot for your job.

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

Hi, It’s almost perfect. How as you see, footer now is corrupted.

I am not sure exactly what gets corrupted in your shared screenshot so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing the site URL where it is displaying?

And into the widget “Shufflehound Recent post”, Category remain. Can i ask to remove it also from there?

You can remove it from there also by using the attached modified child theme. Remove the existing child theme before using this updated child theme.

Attachments:

emascherpa
    Participant

Now it’s perfect for Category LINKS, but remain footer 4 rows problem. See attached.

Thanks

Attachments:

emascherpa
    Participant

And ALSO, width child active, I can’t change some CSS properties like LINKS COLOR.

IChange in setting, Save it, but doens’t work. If i remove child work.
    Thanks

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

emascherpa
    Participant

http://www.speech.it

Credential below.

I visited your shared site but don’t see any problem on it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please reproduce it so that i can troubleshoot it?

Attachments:

emascherpa
    Participant

Yes, now I remove 4 columns because if you can set 4 widget in footer, the 4th goes below :(.

I’ll go live in few hours so i hope you correct bug as soon as possible. If you can’t, i leave 3 columns.

I don’t know when you read this message. For direct connection use [email protected]. or facebook chat http://www.facebook.com/michelebaldoni

See you

To resolve the issue could you please try using CSS solution posted in the following topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/top-bar-setting-add-hyperlinks-to-phone-email-address/#post-2861

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)