How to add custom Fonts or new icons in addition to the existing ones?

Home Forums Gillion Theme How to add custom Fonts or new icons in addition to the existing ones?

Home Forums Gillion Theme How to add custom Fonts or new icons in addition to the existing ones?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • fabiano1987
    Participant

Hi,

i know that Gillion Theme uses font awesome and other fonts to display icons on the front end but there are some icons that i need and that aren’t present in these fonts

on my old theme i was using Fontello.com

On this website is possible to choose what icons to include and it’s also possible to add my own SVG to add my personal icons to the font. At the end it lets me to download the font with all the css and the font types

Now the question is: how do i add the support of my custom font?

where i have to upload the files?

fabiano1987
    Participant

i’ve added the Fontello font (.svg, .eot, .tff, .woff and .woff2 files) in /gillion/fonts/

i’ve added the .css file from fontello in /gillion/css/plugins/

But i still can’t see my icons. Also Fontello doesn’t appear here (attrachment)

i think i’m missing just 1 thing but i don’t know what

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @fabiano1987,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

They don’t display automatically in the dropdown option.

To display them, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme using the filter fw_option_type_icon_sets added in the below theme file on line number 1435

/gillion/inc/icons.php

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

fabiano1987
    Participant

Ok i did it. Thank you

now i display Fontello in the Admin panel

while for the front end i’ve added this in the header.php

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’fontello’ href=’https://www.ispazio.net/wp-content/themes/gillion/css/plugins/fontello.css&#8217; type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

It works well. Is it good for the SEO or it’s a bad thing?

You are most welcome here 🙂

The SEO doesn’t affect due to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)