Images for the "blog categories" widget

Home Forums Gillion Theme Images for the “blog categories” widget

Home Forums Gillion Theme Images for the “blog categories” widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • webmasteramn
    Participant

I can’t work out how to use the “blog categories” widget in Elementor; specifically, how to add an image for each category.

The site we are building is here: https://mumsatthetable.wpengine.com/. The blog categories widget is towards the bottom of the home page.

I presume this is documented somewhere?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @webmasteramn,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can add images to the categories in the categories section of the page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

webmasteramn
    Participant

I must be missing a plugin? My categories screen doesn’t have the ability to add an image.

Attachments:

Please make sure that you are using the below latest version of the theme.

Please login to access this file

If it still does not display for you then would you mind if I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

webmasteramn
    Participant

I have updated to 4.0.2, which helped because now I can see the image upload button on the category page.

But I am still unable to assign images to categories, because when I press the “Upload” button nothing happens. Instead, a Javascript error is displayed in the console.

I have created an account for you to log in and troubleshoot … refer private information field.

Solution for this topic

To resolve the issue, could you please add the below code in the functions.php file of the Gillion child theme?

add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'meta_box_scripts' );
    function meta_box_scripts() {

global $post;

wp_enqueue_media( array( 
            'post' => $post->ID, 
        ) );

}

webmasteramn
    Participant

Thanks. That resolved the problem. Is this something which will need to stay there permanently?

You are most welcome here 🙂

Is this something which will need to stay there permanently?

Yes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)