Insert Dynamic Tokens Into Specific Wordpress Post

Home Forums Gillion Theme Insert Dynamic Tokens Into Specific WordPress Post

Home Forums Gillion Theme Insert Dynamic Tokens Into Specific WordPress Post

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • stevehutt
    Participant

Hi,

I want to add dynamic tokens to a specific post at a specific place on my site.

The site URL and post URL is included in the private information.

The dynamic tokens will be read from the URL when visitors come to my site. For example:

http://domainname/postname/?city=London&os=Android

And so on.

I have added the script to do this to my header.php file. See Script to read information from URL.

I then insert a small script within the relevant post using the text editor at the relevant point in the post. And the headline <h1> </h1>

However, although it works for me it does not appear to be working for other users. The script messes up the characters:

It looks something like this:

This is why people from %58London%67 like to go to French restaurants.

I think the issue is I need to edit the source code of the specifc post ID, and insert the code at the specific place. Using the wordpress text editor doesn’t appear to cut it.

I do not know how to do it and do not want to break my site. LOL.

Can you help?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT : The private information field is not long enough to include the full scripts! Sorry about that. I have attached as a .txt file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @stevehutt,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)