Instagram has returned invalid data

Home Forums Gillion Theme Instagram has returned invalid data

Home Forums Gillion Theme Instagram has returned invalid data

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • ChGaillard
    Participant

Hi,

Instagram widget is showing the following message on my website:

“Instagram has returned invalid data”

The widget worked fine until now. It stopped working before the last update. I thought everything would be back to normal once the last update installed but the same problem persists.

The widget works fine though when I replace my @handle with #hashtag. I’m using the widget called “Instagram”, not the one called “Shufflehound Instagram”.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @ChGaillard,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the screenshots of the widget settings that you have configured so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

ChGaillard
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the widget settings. In the username field, I’ve tried with and without the @. It’s not working in both cases. It used to work like a charm though.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mircodm
    Participant

Hi, I’ve also had the same problem for a few days. I have seen however that also on other sites of friends, who use other themes, there is the same problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

If this is happening with other theme also so it seems the issue with the Instagram or the plugin that provides Instagram widget so could you please contact them to resolve it?

luangranero
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am having the same issue and I think everybody who’s using Gillion has the same.

The Instagram widget we are using is the one you provide to us with the theme, so we are contacting you to solve this.

And probably we wont be any successful either contacting instagram… so, hope you can help us!

Thanks.

Yes, we are also troubleshooting the issue and will update you here shortly.

Solution for this topic

It was WP Instagram widget plugin issue as described below.

https://github.com/scottsweb/wp-instagram-widget/issues/118#issuecomment-524009143

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

ahighwaygirl
    Participant

Hi folks,

I have updated the theme, but I still get the same error. Do I need to add the code as they suggest in the Github link? I don’t think I’m comfortable doing that. Is there another way to get it working again?

Thanks, Sophie

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by ahighwaygirl.

Yes, as stated in the shared link that If it still does not work, add the following code add_filter(‘wpiw_proxy’, ‘__return_true’); to your site. Normally added in the functions.php file of your theme or via plugin, e.g: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

anazarez
    Participant

He instalado la ultima versión de Gillion y no se solventa el problema

@anazarez It’s English forum and most of the members including me here only understand English language so it would be better if you post on the forum in English.

If you don’t know English then you can translate your statements in English using the following Google translator and then add here the translated English text.

https://translate.google.co.in/

SalutfromParis
    Participant

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue. I am using the Envato Market Plug in that – afaik – updates the theme automatically. I tried to added the suggested code but the error still occurs.

Do you have any other idea how to fix this?

regards

It’s the plugin issue so if it doesn’t work for you then please try using any other plugin that provides Instagram widget.

ChGaillard
    Participant

Solution for this topic

I wasn’t too keen on adding the code after updating the theme as I’m not very technically minded. I swapped plugins and I’m now using the IG widget from Smash Balloon. It works perfectly!

Thanks again for your help!

@ChGaillard Thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)