Issue with side navigation and other links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Issue with side navigation and other links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Issue with side navigation and other links

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • yellowcherrydigital
    Participant

Hello,

We currently have the header layout set to Header 7 (sidebar) in Jevelin theme, but seem to be experiencing a problem when clicking other links within the page.

When you click links such as the Home Icon or Find Out More, Read More buttons the side menu opens at the same time, how do I prevent this?

Many Thanks

Hi @yellowcherrydigital,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

yellowcherrydigital
    Participant

Hi thanks, I have added the link in the private text area.

It seems happening because of the child theme used on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Jevelin theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue.

yellowcherrydigital
    Participant

Hello, I actually created the child theme after the problem arose so that I could debug within the child rather than altering the core theme, one thing that I have noticed is that when you click on the page (anywhere) the page-layout-right-fixed is being added to the body tag which I believe is the reason the menu is displaying?

Many Thanks

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sorry for our late response.

Yes we can confirm that, but only on your website. At the moment we can’t replicate it in our demo site.

Did you change/add any custom JavaScript?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

yellowcherrydigital
    Participant

Only in the child theme but the issue happens when the website is set to the parent theme as well, it is only when the menu is set to be side navigation standard menu works as should.

thanks

Shufflehound

We will add this issue in our bug list as we are still not sure what is causing it in your website. We will let you know when we will have some progress regarding to this issue solving.

yellowcherrydigital
    Participant

How quickly will you be able to look at this issue? We have a client wishing to put their website live and obviously they can’t do this when it is broken. Can you let me know which files in the theme the menu calls are made?

thanks

Shufflehound

Solution for this topic

We just noticed that there is an issue with our script file and also theme version is pretty outdated.

Please try to update to latest theme version and let us know if the issue is fixed.

Please login to access this file

yellowcherrydigital
    Participant

Hello, yes this has fixed it

Thanks

Shufflehound

Nice to hear that. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)