jevelin - after unyson-redux migration, portfolio url changed

Home Forums Jevelin Theme jevelin – after unyson-redux migration, portfolio url changed

Home Forums Jevelin Theme jevelin – after unyson-redux migration, portfolio url changed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • dalkat
    Participant

Hi there,

I had a unsyon php error appear at the top of my website and realized I had to migrate to Redux. After migrating, however, the slug of my portfolio changed. I had set it to /blog/blog-name… but it reverted to /project/blog-name…

I did a simple redirect for now, but is it possible to change the portfolio slug with Redux the way we could with Unyson?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

At the moment we don’t have an option for this, but it could be done with a child theme if you are using one.

Here is the PHP code that could change it:

function jevelin_portfolio_slug_change() { 
         return 'portfolio-url';
    } 
    add_filter( 'jevelin_portfolio_slug', 'jevelin_portfolio_slug_change' );

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Shufflehound.

dalkat
    Participant

How would I use that php code to change the slug? Where do I input the new and old slug?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

You can try this child theme we have uploaded below and see if that works.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dalkat
    Participant

Can I just use a PHP inserter? A child theme will overwrite as soon as I update jevelin, right?

dalkat
    Participant

If you can please give me a PHP insert that will change the portfolio slug URL from

/portfolio/title

to

/blog/title

that would be very helpful! I think it was a unyson feature before

Shufflehound

This child theme should just that. Can you please test it? After child theme installation please go to Admin panel > Settings > Permalinks and click save changes to update the links.

The parent theme gets overwritten after the update. The child theme is meant for this kind of changes, because it won’t be overwritten.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Shufflehound.

dalkat
    Participant

Will the child theme update with all the latest Jevelin updates? Or is it a snapshot in time of the latest Jevelin update?

dalkat
    Participant

the child theme messed up my website so I reverted back

before reverting,  I checked permalinks and did not see an option to update portfolio slug. only category base and tag, which was already there on the parent theme.

Shufflehound

We recreated this functionality with a plugin and it seems that it is working now.

Can you please take a look now?

dalkat
    Participant

I don’t understand. I’m on the latest Jevelin theme but still don’t see the option to change slug for portfolio — where is the functionality?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

At the moment we don’t have such an option, so we created a plugin which changes it with a PHP snippet.

Plugin is Jevelin change portfolio slug

dalkat
    Participant

Looks like the slug changed by itself! to /blog

Not sure if it was a remnant of the first plugin, I didn’t end up installing the second one

Shufflehound

We are glad that it worked! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)