Lack of Featured Image Settings

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Lack of Featured Image Settings

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Lack of Featured Image Settings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • learnanythingeasy
    Participant

Hello, I am not able to find any settings related to featured images in the Jevelin theme, despite the last free theme I was using having them. Specifically, I want to be able to turn off featured images being displayed at the top of blog posts,  and I want an option to resize the images. Are there any featured image settings in Jevelin that I am missing? As for the size I know this is normally done through the media settings, but even with regenerating thumbnails and adjusting image sizes, there doesn’t seem to be any effect on the images in my blog posts. Any great would be much appreciated; I am surprised there is not an obvious setting that turns on or off featured images showing up at the top of the page automatically.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Can you please share a link to your website? That would help us better understand your setup and this issue.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Shufflehound

Thank you for sharing the link.

Regarding the image sizes, you can change the Blog Posts element Style option from Masonry 2.0 to Gid 2.0 and that should change images to a fixed height.

About featured images you want them to disable for all images or only for some specific ones?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Shufflehound.

learnanythingeasy
    Participant

Thank you for the response. I would like to be able to disable the featured images on specific posts; or I would like to be able to disable them for all posts. I still want to use the featured images for previewing articles, but I don’t want them showing in the article itself. If there is no way to easily disable them on specific blog posts; I would settle for the ability to shrink the size and make them all half the default size.

Shufflehound

In this case, we can create a custom CSS snippet, that could either disable all featured images or shrink them.

Let us know which of those two we need to create.

learnanythingeasy
    Participant

The code that would allow me to shrink them would be preferable for me. I like having the featured image at the top of the blog posts; however, they take up the whole screen on a desktop. I would like it if they were small enough to at least capture the article title on the posts; perhaps around 50% to 60% of the size they are now. Any help is much appreciated; thanks!

Shufflehound

We created a custom CSS code that you can add in the Jevelin Settings > Custom CSS:

.blog-single.blog-style-large .post-meta-thumb {
        max-width: 800px;
    }
    Let us know if that helps! 🙂
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)