Lightbox description

Home Forums Gillion Theme Lightbox description

Home Forums Gillion Theme Lightbox description

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • panosjules
    Participant

Hello,

i would like the description of the photo to be shown as it is shown when i have gallery (it is shown on hover) and not below the image. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

Hi @panosjules,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying on hover and not below image so that i can help you to achieve it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

panosjules
    Participant

Please check here http://logistics.embed.digital/2018/01/23/chamenes-efkairies/

The photos that appear as gallery have a hover effect were you show the description. Below is a single photo that does not open in lightbox or have the description as i describe.

Would be preferable to use exactly as it is on gallery.

Thank you!

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

figcaption.wp-caption-text {
        display: none;
        position: absolute;
        max-width: 100%;
        bottom: 0;
        z-index: 999;
        color: #fff;
        padding: 0 15px;
    }

.wp-caption:hover figcaption.wp-caption-text {
        display: block;
    }

.wp-caption {
        position: relative;
    }

panosjules
    Participant

Hi again,

your solutions does part of what i want to achieve. What i noticed is that it does not have that hover effect (something like slow loading, instead it just appears or not without effect) and even though i click on it nothing happens while on gallery i get a lightbox when i press on a photo.

Thank you !

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

panosjules
    Participant

Is there any way i can use the lightcase plugin you use for the gallery for all images on site? Even the ones that are standalone?

Thank you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)