Logo issue header builder

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Logo issue header builder

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Logo issue header builder

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • TLCS
    Participant

Good day,

I am attempting to build a header through header builder on Jevelin theme.  My desire is for the home page to have the main design and for a smaller simpler header to be available for the other pages.

I am trying to design two options:

Option 1:  Smaller logo with navigation.

When I chose the logo it was much too large.  I looked through your support forums and found this custom CSS code to apply.

.sh-header-builder-logo img {max-width: 200px;} 
    This did the trick of resizing - however it has cut my logo off at top and bottom.  I've tried other variations of code to no avail.  Please help me know what CSS code might work.

Option 2: I would like to have the navigation bar with no logo.  When I remove the logo from the header builder – the Jevelin logo shows up.  Is there a header option that allows for removal of logo but where navigation remains.  I have searched through the different options, but seem to be missing that.

Thank you for your kind support.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @TLCS,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Option 1: Smaller logo with navigation.

When I chose the logo it was much too large. I looked through your support forums and found this custom CSS code to apply.

.sh-header-builder-logo img {max-width: 200px;}
    This did the trick of resizing – however it has cut my logo off at top and bottom. I’ve tried other variations of code to no avail. Please help me know what CSS code might work.

It displays small for me on your shared website as shown in the attached screenshot.

Have you managed to achieve it?

Option 2: I would like to have the navigation bar with no logo.  When I remove the logo from the header builder – the Jevelin logo shows up.  Is there a header option that allows for removal of logo but where navigation remains.  I have searched through the different options, but seem to be missing that.

You can disable the logo from the theme header settings as shown in the second and third attached screenshots.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

TLCS
    Participant

Good afternoon, thank you for your response.  Your screen shot shows the main header on the main home page.

As mentioned in my original request I am attempting to build a second simple header through your header builder as an option for the other pages. (see screen shots)

For Option one – per the screen shots (1-3) the logo does not work.  I am using the exact same logo file as the main page…so it should fit.

For Option two – please see screen shot 4 – when I disable the header the entire header goes away.  I do not want to disable the entire header.  I want the navigation menu but NO logo.

Attachments:

For Option one – per the screen shots (1-3) the logo does not work.  I am using the exact same logo file as the main page…so it should fit.

I tried setting any other image as a logo image on your website and it displays fine so it seems the issue specific to that image.

Could you please try setting any other image as a logo image?

For Option two – please see screen shot 4 – when I disable the header the entire header goes away.  I do not want to disable the entire header.  I want the navigation menu but NO logo.

It works fine for me on my website.

Please test it by saving the changes.

Have you tried just disabling the theme option “Logo Visibilty” in the theme settings?

TLCS
    Participant

#1. I don’t want – any other image…I want MY logo. That logo works on all other parts of the website that request a log…suggesting the issues is in the coding of the theme.

Steps taken:

Dashboard > Headers > Add New > Construct this header including the logo > choose the same logo that is in the system that is being used on all other parts of the entire theme.

I have taken this advice from your own forum here: https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/customize-header/

The header builder on your theme seems to be the issue.  I have given you access to the backend of my website.  Please take the time to log in and see.

The logo does not work on this option.  This is a THEME problem that needs to be fixed by you.

Please take the time to actually review it on my end as I have provided the ability to log into my wordpress for you to actually see the issue.

OR provide me with an alternative way to create a header.  It is unprofessional to suggest “just use something else”.  That answer speaks to your customer service and the lack of functionality of this part of your theme.

#2. Yes I saved changes – you can see by my screen shots it is not working.  I have had everyone else is my office check and it is not working for them either.

If you disable the theme option “Logo Visibility” in theme settings it takes the logo away from the ENTIRE SITE.

As I have mentioned in BOTH of my previous correspondence with you.  I want the headers to be page specific.  Your theme boasts of this as a selling point, but at this time your theme function of “header builder” seems to have the issue and your team seems at a loss to understand and continues to give alternate answers that do not apply to the issue.

I want the home page header to be exactly as it is WITH THE LOGO.

I want the other pages – admissions, about us, curriculum, etc.  To only have the navigation bar WITHOUT THE LOGO or with my logo that fits.

In attachment one – please see “Header builder” page.
    In attachment two – please see that the logo shows on the header builder just fine with no issues.  When it is saved the issue becomes what it looks like in attachment one.   This cut off logo is how it looks and it is unacceptable.

In attachment three you can see where the issues is across of the layout options.

To attempt your suggestion I tried a “different image” and the result is the same.

This is not hard.  I have shown you the issues.  Please do not respond with “get a new logo.  It is not working…please advise how to solve this issue with your theme header builder.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by TLCS. Reason: UPloading attachments
    Attachments:

I didn’t tell you to use another image as a logo but use it temporarily to troubleshoot the issue and not a final solution.

After further troubleshooting, I saw this is happening because the logo image set in the header page builder uses the thumbnail size set on your website in the Media settings as shown in the attached screenshot but there was no logo image of that size so I created one and it displays fine now.

Could you please check it?

If you disable the theme option “Logo Visibility” in theme settings it takes the logo away from the ENTIRE SITE.

As I have mentioned in BOTH of my previous correspondence with you. I want the headers to be page specific.

You can edit the page and set page-specific header settings from the Page Settings section as shown in the attached screenshot.

If you want to hide the logo on specific pages then could you please share the page URLs from your website where you want to hide it so that I can help you?

Attachments:

TLCS
    Participant

So the “thumbnail” solution is still a problem…as my logo is now unclear. Attachment 1.

The logo for the header builder should not be a thumbnail.  It should be the actual logo for the page…as with any actual header.  That is the point of a header.  It should be able to be as clear and crisp as the front page header.  When I needed to change the size of the header on the front page I found a simple custom CSS to correct the issue.  Why can that not be done here?  My actual logo – which I use in every other place on the website just fine – is not fuzzy.  The issue is still the “header builder”.  Attachment 2.

Why can you have something that works on one page that you cannot seem to have as working on another page?  Why would I display a fuzzy out of focus logo?  That is unprofessional.  Would you display a fuzzy unreadable logo for your company?

“If you want to hide the logo on specific pages then could you please share the page URLs from your website where you want to hide it so that I can help you?”

I want this option on ALL pages…for me to be able to turn on and off when I want.  When I turn off the logo the navigation bar goes away.  When I take the logo away…it is automatically replaced with a Jevelin logo.  This is unacceptable.

Again, I feel this could be handled so much faster through a zoom or skype call.   Other companies that I work with have made problem solving quick and accessible.  I don’t understand why it has taken 3 times…and my getting angry for you to take the time to actually problem solve.  It speaks to who you are as a business owner, a designer, and as a company.

Please go to Dashboard – Headers – Home Page Header…and see that there is still an issue.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by TLCS.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by TLCS.
    Attachments:

We only provide support through a forum here and by zoom or skype call.

I have created a feature request to display the logo image in a large size in the header builder that will be implemented soon in the future version of the theme.

In the meantime, you can create a good quality logo of thumbnail size 150 X 150 and use it in the header builder.

I want this option on ALL pages…for me to be able to turn on and off when I want.  When I turn off the logo the navigation bar goes away.  When I take the logo away…it is automatically replaced with a Jevelin logo.  This is unacceptable.

Currently, there is no option to hide the logo on specific pages.

You can hide the logo on the specific page using the Yellow Pencil editor as described on the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/how-to-change-almost-any-element/

TLCS
    Participant

“We only provide support through a forum here and by zoom or skype call”

If you provide through zoom or skype…how does one schedule this?

Sorry for the type.

Please read it as “We only provide support through a forum here and not by zoom or skype call”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)