Masonry stays blank until page fully loaded

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Masonry stays blank until page fully loaded

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Masonry stays blank until page fully loaded

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • theathleteblog
    Participant

Hi there,

I noticed that on pages where I have added a “recent blog posts” widget it remains blank until the page fully loads. On top of that, the dropdown on top menu and search button also don’t not work until the page fully loads.

I am using Ezoic for optimization and while I do pass Core Web Vitals, this one thing is quite annoying from user experience perspective. It looks like one of the scripts loads late and, in particular, below 3 pages become interactive only once the entire code is loaded (and on iPhone 13 I noticed they remain blank for whatever reason):

I have the same with recent posts widget on my home page and blog page, but the issue seems to be only with Masonry type of posts – the rest are loading fine.

Can you help figure out what is causing the problem and how to resolve this?

All the best,

Andrejs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Did you manage to fix it? We couldn’t replicate the issue anymore.

We could see the article content immediately as the page started to load.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

theathleteblog
    Participant

The issue turned out to be with jquery – it was loading too late. I’ve asked Ezoic to exclude it from optimization and that seems to work, but now performance scores are quite low because it’s render-blocking.

Is there a solution in the theme for this?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Oh, loading jquery late could cause this issue.

We could create a custom CSS to show the masonry layout immediately, but it would be somewhat broken without jQuery, so that doesn’t seem like a good idea.

What kind of score are you getting?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

theathleteblog
    Participant

I included the jquery in optimization again to test and besides the masonry the menu is not clickable.

In parallel I’m trying to find a way how to optimize the loading while preserving the user experience.

When everything is added to the optimization, I get up to 80 for mobile and close to 100 for desktop. When jquery is excluded, I get <40.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We can understand that.

Maybe you can try to switch from the masonry to the grid layout. It seems that there won’t be too much of a difference visually.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Shufflehound.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)