Mixing different demos

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Mixing different demos

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Mixing different demos

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • MarcoAix
    Participant

Hello,

I bought Jevelin because I was glad to see in Popular Questions:

-Can I mix up different demos?

<b>Yes, </b>you can install any demo that you want, and then import other demo homepage content

So I installed the “Startup” demo (localhost), created a child theme and am working on it, but now how do I import only a section of another demo?

As an example, I like in the “Education” demo the “Most popular – Study programs” section (gallery)*…

*and if not possible maybe the settings only, because I wasn’t able to reproduce them (let’s say  the “following” hover effect, although I tried a lot of Portfolio options)…

Hi @MarcoAix,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can install whole education demo page and not just section of it.

You can create “Most popular – Study programs” section (gallery) by using Unyson portfolio content element and configuring it as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MarcoAix
    Participant

Thanks for your help, it worked flawlessly.

Though I did try many combinations before I must have missed that simple one.

Now what’s you advice: as I like different sections in different demos, how should I proceed? My idea is to install a 2nd local site to import each demo, note the settings of my favorite sections, then report them into my main site?

Does it sound efficient, or is there a better way to do this?

Yes it sounds efficient and that’s the quick way to create different sections.

MarcoAix
    Participant

Hello,

I’m back because I did install a 2nd site with Jevelin, imported “Education” demo, had a look at the settings… and all was fine.

Then I imported “Foodie” (Jevelin menu / One click install)… but after the process is achieved Education is still active.

I’ve been looking for a way to switch demos, searched the forum, tried another browser… what am I missing please?

Then I imported “Foodie” (Jevelin menu / One click install)… but after the process is achieved Education is still active.

I’ve been looking for a way to switch demos, searched the forum, tried another browser… what am I missing please?

When you import demo content then existing content on your site persists and doesn’t overwrite.

If you want to delete existing content on your site then you can use below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/

MarcoAix
    Participant

… no good news.

So, not only I can’t really mix demos but I can’t switch from one to another to look at their different settings?

Don’t get me wrong, I like the theme and appreciate the support but we’re getting very far from the promise of mixing demos, and I realize it will take me forever to compare the settings of 3 or 4 sections elements in 8 or 10 demos with the first I installed!

Or I can also make endless guesses and tests with each and every setting into each and every Content Element… not really what I expected from what I read.

Is there no other way, really?

Actually many users do it this way.

Apart from production site they create development site on localhost or server then import all the demos content into that development site which create seperate pages for each of the demos.

Then they refer the content elements of each demo pages and create them on their live production site.

MarcoAix
    Participant

So there’s been a misunderstanding.

After reading your answer I tried to import another demo (Construction) and now I find the Home Construction page, which is what I need – very well!

But though I imported “Foodie” 3 times I still do not get a Home Foodie (or any other) page, so how could I refer to it?

MarcoAix
    Participant

Following my previous post, I imported Photography and again no separate Homepage, so I can’t have a look at the settings… unless resetting the whole thing each time as advised?

I imported Foodie demo content on my test site and it created Home page for it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Did this page not create for you?

Please make sure you have deleted all pages in Trash and Darft.

Attachments:

MarcoAix
    Participant

I’ve deleted nothing before.

Having now 4 demos loaded on my test site, I had a crazy hope because of the 2 workable home pages (attachment).

Unfortunately it was a false hope as it does not work the same with eg Foodie or Photography (no home page created).

It looks like I will finally have to change my way of working and get used to this (deleting everything, importing, deleting and so on).

Too bad (it’s been comfortable to have both Education and Construction) and much longer.

Thank you.

Attachments:

MarcoAix
    Participant

… and believe me or not,

– I deleted all the pages and empied the trash: then Photography imported 0 page

– I used wp-reset plugin, and well: only the 2 basic WP pages are here, but again (and twice): Photography imports no page

– 1 last test with Education import: every page is now imported and it works fine… it’s driving me crazy. Only some demos seem to import, why?

I am not sure why this is happening on your site.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting by importing it? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able to see it.”?

MarcoAix
    Participant

It’s local, never mind.

I’m going to erase the whole thing and start from scratch.

ok

MarcoAix
    Participant

Hi,

I finally succeeded (not always on first trial) to import the demos I needed, even Foodie, but not Photography, no way.

The medias are imported, but still no page is created.

So I went to the “deprecated”  Tools > Demo Content Install but Photography’s not available there.

Do you think you can send me file for the One Click Demo Import > Manual demo files upload? Or is there any other solution?

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

MarcoAix
    Participant

Hello,

Can you tell me if there has been any update on Photography demo please?

Solution for this topic

Yes it is fixed.

Please make sure you are using below latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

Then you can import WPBakery Photography demo as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)