Mobile Responsiveness

Home Forums Gillion Theme Mobile Responsiveness

Home Forums Gillion Theme Mobile Responsiveness

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • projectmaterials
    Participant

Hello

I have installed the Gillion theme, but it does not render properly on mobile (and our site is indexed by Google as mobile first).

Problems are:

1. we have several data tables on the pages that are not visible: can you suggest a CSS to show the horizontal scroller on mobile and let the users read the content properly?
    2. mobile container: has a lot of padding left and right, can you suggest a CSS to correct it so content extends almost size to size?
    3. hamburger menu on mobile is too small by default.
    4. I get an error in the search field: multiple pixels with conflicting versions…

Site details below

thanks

Fab

Can you pls suggest

Hi Fab,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Could you please share me the screenshots of the issues so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

projectmaterials
    Participant

Hello

see below.

waiting your reply

thanks

Thank you for providing detailed information.

we have several data tables on the pages that are not visible: can you suggest a CSS to show the horizontal scroller on mobile and let the users read the content properly?

I can see the issue on your shared site.

You can make it scroll by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.journal-content-article {
        overflow-x: scroll;
    }

Could you please tell me how you have created the tables?

mobile container: has a lot of padding left and right, can you suggest a CSS to correct it so content extends almost size to size?

Please use below custom CSS code to achieve it.

.container.entry-content {
        padding: 5px !important;
    }

hamburger menu on mobile is too small by default.

Please use below custom CSS code to make it larger.

#page-container .sh-hamburger-menu {
        width: 22px;
        height: 22px;
    }

I get an error in the search field: multiple pixels with conflicting versions…

It is not theme error but it seems you are using facebook or any analytics causing this error.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any or use following plugin to check it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check

projectmaterials
    Participant

Thank you, most stuff worked.

I have now the issue below.

projectmaterials
    Participant

Another topic, as per below note

If I select to have a sidebar on the blog post, the data tables are not scrollable, i.e. user can not see the full content of the table. How can I fix this?

Could you please tell me how you have created the tables by sharing the screenshot of the screen?

In the homepage I cannot control the number of posts shown. The page shows 26 posts, despite I set the number of posts to be 6. this is, of course, creating loading issues, as all posts have images (page is 4MB with 26 posts)

Please try changing it in your site reading settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

projectmaterials
    Participant

Hello

thanks. The number of posts per page worked.

The tables were created partly on excel and partly on html directly. There is also a tablepress plugin which seems applied styles automatically to SOME of the tables (dont know how, as we never used tablepress for that).

thanks, waiting your reply

Then could you please try disabling tablepress plugin?

projectmaterials
    Participant

i did, it was disabled

Actually, Tables are not responsive by default and you have to make them responsive using any of the solutions shared in the following pages.

https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/resources/responsive-tables-in-wordpress

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/responsive-tables/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/automatic-responsive-tables/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)