My Blog Posts are Glitching when Scrolling down to Footer (Gillion)

Home Forums Gillion Theme My Blog Posts are Glitching when Scrolling down to Footer (Gillion)

Home Forums Gillion Theme My Blog Posts are Glitching when Scrolling down to Footer (Gillion)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Syanda206
    Participant

I have a problem with my website: https://eblog.network

The homepage is fine, but whenever I’m viewing a blog post, and then scroll down.. the page starts twitching as if there’s a glitch going on, and this happens if I’m viewing the website on mobile, of which worries me because most of my traffic is from mobile devices..

Can you please give me a possible fix for this.. Thanks

Hi @Syanda206,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This can be due to the facebook widget that you are using in the sidebar so please try temporarily removing the widget.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Syanda206
    Participant

I’ve actually found the plugin that is causing the problem, it’s the Ad Inserter by Igor Funa..

I guess the Gillion theme interfere with the Ad code itself, because I used to put Ad codes manually on each post, before I even used this plugin..

The website would still glitch even when I used to insert the the code manually.

What type of Ad are you using on your site?

Syanda206
    Participant

I’m using Google Adsense, with their responsive ad units and also the Link Ads format

I don’t know if it’s javascript or what, but the code is like:

<script async src=”//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script>
    <!– Responsive Ads –>
    <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
    style=”display:block”
    data-ad-client=”ca-pub”
    data-ad-slot=”752226″
    data-ad-format=”auto”
    data-full-width-responsive=”true”></ins>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
    </script>

Then please try using the ad code directly without using  Ad Inserter by Igor Funa.

Syanda206
    Participant

Please refer to my second comment,

I already used the code itself on my posts, before I even used the Ad Inserter plugin, and the website would still glitch…

I guess the problem is with the theme, maybe it doesn’t support 2 or more javascripts ads running on it..

You should definitely check that out on your next update

We can’t troubleshoot the issue until we can reproduce it.

Please make sure that you are using below latest version of the theme.

Please login to access this file

Then please deactivate all the plugins on your site and only use the ad code to check whether the issue still occurs.

deeplanet
    Participant

I’m having the same glitch and sharing a screenshot video recording about this glitch that page starts to slide automatically when scroll down to section related posts/share buttons in the single post page.

Here it is: https://streamable.com/hnbj5

I hope the issue i have is the same with Syanda. I think this problem is not about any plugins/addons.

(The Gillion version is 3.1.4 in the screen recording and wordpress latest)

Syanda206
    Participant

I’m definitely having the exact same problem too.. but mine is resolved if I disable the Ad Inserter plugin.. but hey, I need these Ads on my website, so I just left it as is.. maybe I’ll find another theme as good as Gillion, to switch with.

@deeplanet

I’m having the same glitch and sharing a screenshot video recording about this glitch that page starts to slide automatically when scroll down to section related posts/share buttons in the single post page.

Here it is: https://streamable.com/hnbj5

We get an error message as displayed in the attached screenshot when I try to access your shared site so please make sure the video is accessible and also share your site URL where it is happening.

We can certainly resolve the issue If we can reproduce it by referring your site.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

deeplanet
    Participant

Here wetransfer link of the same video:

https://we.tl/t-k34SqpyGKP

Also i visited Syanda’s website on mobile and confirm that there is a very similiar problem. (https://eblog.network/)

Note: I’m not using Ad Insterter plugin and visited DarthHazard’s link, exactly same issue.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by deeplanet.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by deeplanet.

DarthHazard
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. I’m also using the Ad Inserter plugin.

To replicate the issue on my site, go to the bottom of this page and then try to scroll back up – https://adminloop.com/grab-points-review/

@deeplanet Thank you for sharing the video.

Note: I’m not using Ad Insterter plugin and visited DarthHazard’s link, exactly same issue.

Then this can be due to conflict with any other plugin used on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

@DarthHazard

I’m having the same issue. I’m also using the Ad Inserter plugin.

Is the issue gets resolved for you when you deactivate the Ad Inserter plugin?

I can see it generates the below javascript error message in the browser console which has some connection with it.

[Intervention] Ignored attempt to cancel a touchmove event with cancelable=false, for example because scrolling is in progress and cannot be interrupted.

DarthHazard
    Participant

I de-activated the plugin and it seems to have sorted out the issue.

Re-activated it and the problem doesn’t seem to come back. Looks like it sorted itself out.

@DarthHazard Glad to hear that 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)