Page column widths

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Page column widths

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Page column widths

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • windsocks
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed that for page column widths, you have the options of 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 2/3, 3/4. However, you have missed out these options, 5/6, 1/12, 5/12, 7/12, 11/12. Also, as Bootstrap was designed for a 12 column layout, having a column with width 1/5 seems a little out of place. Will you be including those missing column widths in your next release?

Also, I have noticed that regardless of what column width specified, when the screen is resized to mobile display, all columns become 1/1 in the mobile. For eg, I have desktop screen consisting of columns 1/2, 1/4, 1/4, all 3 column becomes stacked on one another and each column becomes 1tk/1 on the mobile screen. However, it may be possible to have a mobile screen size that can fit the 1/4, 1/4 columns side by side. Can we be allowed to specify the column widths of the columns in all screen modes (desktop, tablet, mobile)?

Cheeries

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I noticed that for page column widths, you have the options of 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 2/3, 3/4. However, you have missed out these options, 5/6, 1/12, 5/12, 7/12, 11/12. Also, as Bootstrap was designed for a 12 column layout, having a column with width 1/5 seems a little out of place. Will you be including those missing column widths in your next release?

This is tricky one as the theme uses Unyson drag & drop framework that provides this functionality as described on the following pages so it depends on what is possible with this framework. By default the Builder uses a bootstrap like grid, with the same class names but prefixed with <code class=”docutils literal”><span class=”pre”>.fw-{bootstrap-class-name}</span>.

http://docs.themefuse.com/exposure/your-theme/shortcodes/columns

http://manual.unyson.io/en/latest/extension/builder/

It seems this is possible to implement in the future version of theme but the theme developer can provide more information about it so i have notified him to get more information here.

Also, I have noticed that regardless of what column width specified, when the screen is resized to mobile display, all columns become 1/1 in the mobile. For eg, I have desktop screen consisting of columns 1/2, 1/4, 1/4, all 3 column becomes stacked on one another and each column becomes 1tk/1 on the mobile screen. However, it may be possible to have a mobile screen size that can fit the 1/4, 1/4 columns side by side. Can we be allowed to specify the column widths of the columns in all screen modes (desktop, tablet, mobile)?

This is how the responsive column layout works and does not depend on the length of content that the column contains but you can share me the screenshot of it and the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that we can see whether we can do something for your specific case.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

windsocks
    Participant

Thanks for replying. I look forward to having more column width options in the next updates to the theme.

In regards to the responsive columns, my experience with bootstrap is that you can specify the column widths for each screen size. So, supposing you have a 3 column page on the desktop screen, each column being 1/3 wide (col-xl-3), you can specify the width of each column for mobile screen, eg: 1/2, 1/2, 1/1 (col-xs-6, col-xs-6, col-xs-12) thus effectively making 2 rows, the first row being 2 columns, and the 2nd row being 1 column. Unfortunately, I don’t have any screencaps or demo url to show this. Will this feature be included in your next releases?

Cheeries,

Peter.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We made some research on this and at the moment we can try to add a new option for mobile column widths (for less than 767px width).

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)