Parallax footer does not work

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Parallax footer does not work

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Parallax footer does not work

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • travelplanet
    Participant

Hello,

I choose the parallax footer on every page but it does not appear on each of them …

I do not understan why…

Could you check please ?

Thank you by advance

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sorry for our late response.

For the pages, we tested the parallax footer was working just fine. Did you manage to fix it?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

travelplanet
    Participant

Hello,

I found out the issue but I cannot solve it by myself. On several pages, the footer is inside the page container.

How should I fix this issue ?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

That is strange as still, all the pages you mentioned are working just fine for us.

Regarding the issue, you mentioned – we added multiple fixes for the 5.3.4 version, so it should have been fixed in the newest versions.

Can you please attach some screenshots of the issue you are experiencing?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

travelplanet
    Participant

Thank you for your help.

You can find attached to this message, pictures showing the lack of footer on several pages.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

That is strange. We tested it again and we could confirm the issue on one of the pages you have shown.

At the moment, we don’t have any clues on what is causing it. Would it be possible to log in to your website to test it further? (you can share it in the private information field below).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

travelplanet
    Participant

Ir’s so weird … I saw while inspecting the codeon several pages taht the footer is over the page container instead being inside of it …

I’ve never seen the footer on the pages above … I don’t understan how it can work for you and not for me.

I let you my info below.

Thank you by advance.

Shufflehound

Currently, one of the suspects would be the caching plugin – we just cleared all cache.

Besides that, we saw that the footer was disabled under page settings for this page. We re-enabled it and it seems that now we can see the footer for all the pages.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Shufflehound.

travelplanet
    Participant

How can I fix the cache plugin ?

Indeed, I see the footer as an admin but whenever I check it in a private window as a customer, I still do not see it…

travelplanet
    Participant

I noticed something :

if i resize the window to 1200px or less, the footer actually show. Technically, a margin-bottom is applied to the div “.content-container” and the footer works properly. If i resize back the window to “window mode” (1500px width or more), the footer is still working and the div margin-bottom of the div “.content-container” is updated.

When the page load, there isn’t any margin-botton to the div, so the footer is hidden. Maybe the problem is here.

Shufflehound

We just did further testing on how the parallax footer works and everything seemed fine (it is meant to be activated on screens above 850px).

For testing purposes, we just disabled the caching plugin and it seems that everything started working fine (in our case we needed to press ctrl+f5 for hard refresh). So at the moment, we can either recommend changing caching plugin settings or changing a caching plugin.

travelplanet
    Participant

I solved the problem by adding small javascript code when page is fully loaded :

/* Calculate .container margin bottom from footer */
    const footer = $(‘.sh-footer’);
    const footerHeight = footer.height();

console.log(footer);
    console.log(footerHeight);
    if (footerHeight) {
    $(‘.content-container’).css(‘margin-bottom’, footerHeight + ‘px’);
    }

I’m setting the ‘margin-bottom’ property of the div  “.content-container” manually. I think it’s the same code used in the ‘resize’ event that is applied on the div “.content-container’.

Thanks for taking time,

Best regards.

Shufflehound

That is great that you managed to fix it!

Also thank you for explaining! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)