php 7+ support

Home Forums Gillion Theme php 7+ support

Home Forums Gillion Theme php 7+ support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • sickmint79
    Participant

my site is here: https://www.doyouevendata.com/

with php 5.6 it appears to be working just fine.

i upgraded to php 7.0 and it looks like it is working well also.

php 7.1 and 7.2 barf all sorts of errors though, and in multiple places.  some i had trouble selecting to copy so i didn’t end up saving any to copy and paste here, although i can do that if needed.  or does this theme not support past php 7.0?

sickmint79
    Participant

gillion 1.5 php 7.1:

<b>Warning</b>: A non-numeric value encountered in <b>/homepages/5/d504184797/htdocs/doyouevendata/wp-content/themes/gillion/page-blog.php</b> on line <b>47</b>

tried updating gillion, i currently have the latest.

7.2 error on blog post sidebar: <b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/homepages/5/d504184797/htdocs/doyouevendata/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/posts-slider/views/widget.php</b> on line <b>31</b>

near the bottom of the page:

<b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/homepages/5/d504184797/htdocs/doyouevendata/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/helpers.php</b> on line <b>539</b>

above trending slider:

<b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/homepages/5/d504184797/htdocs/doyouevendata/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/posts-slider/views/widget.php</b> on line <b>31</b>

above latest/popular area:

<b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/homepages/5/d504184797/htdocs/doyouevendata/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/posts-tabs/views/widget.php</b> on line <b>39</b>

with php 7.1 i see errors too;

top of blog post:

<b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/homepages/5/d504184797/htdocs/doyouevendata/wp-includes/post-template.php</b> on line <b>284</b>

php 7.0 appears to be free of errors as far as i can tell at the moment.

Hi @sickmint79,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

To troubleshoot the issue, we will test it on PHP version 7.1 & 7.2 and update you here.

Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If you do then please set it to false.
    This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

We could confirm the issue on our test site using PHP 7.2 therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)