Before installing Gillion theme – i used another theme (on of the available themes from wordpress).
I create a few posts – and added pictures in the posts – picture were nicely laid out (tiled).
Now – after installing Gillion – when i look at the posts – the pictures are not arranged – and there is an error message above the pictures – you can see an example in this post :
Please help me solve this issue
Thank you for your question.
I don’t see any error message on your shared post and the images are displaying fine as shown in the attached screenshot.
I apologize – i’m very new to wrodpress – i have no idea what Jetpack plugin is …
I just added pictures to my posts when it was set with previous theme – and it gave me the option to arrange the tiled very nicely.
If this can be done using the new theme (and i guess it can) – i would happily use whatever is available in the theme – just please teach me how …
Because currently – no matter what i configure – i see this message and pictures are not arranged nicely (tried setting “circle” just for testing – still see the pictures the same way …
Here is a summary of my situation :
– I started with a different theme on wordpress.com. Created a few posts and embedded media galleries in the posts – using different gallery styles. All looked and worked great.
– I upgraded my plan and loaded the Gillion theme
– Managed to configure the site as i wanted
– Now when i open the posts in the editor (no the wp-admin editor) – i dont see the galleries (although they are there). if i double click on their location i can see the edit button and open the edit gallery – but no configuration i change is applied.
– In wp-admin i can see the galleries when i edit the post – but again – not styling is actually applied. pictures are always presented the same (and not nicely).
– When i choose the Tiled Mosaic style for the gallery – i get the message about Jetpack carousel being disable by another plugin
– WordPress.com support spent over an hour trying to resolve the issue – they did not manage to solve it. They asked me to contact the Theme support – which is why i’m back here.
I need urgent help with this as my posts are filled with picture galleries – and i must be able to edit and format them.
I have tested it on my test site and the Gallery is working fine for me as shown in the attached screenshots.
Please try disabling Jetpack Tiled gallery module on your site as described below.
Also could you please share me the screenshots of how you are using and editing the gallery?
here is same problem that happened to someone else with different theme
i read the post inside – but i dont know where i can edit the theme.php
Sorry we only provide forum support.
Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?
You can also try using the solution posted below.