Problem with post pictures after setting Gillion

Home Forums Gillion Theme Problem with post pictures after setting Gillion

Home Forums Gillion Theme Problem with post pictures after setting Gillion

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author
  • I tried to log in to your site using shared site credentials but getting the error message “Oops, that’s not the right password. Please try again!”.

Please make sure the credentials are correct and working fine.

iadded
    Participant

Could you please try and modify the gallery you added to circles and see if it is working on your site ?

iadded
    Participant

please try again with attached credentials

iadded
    Participant

will it be possiblse for you to share an e-mail so i can add you as a user to my wordpress.com site ? that is how wordpress.com support suggested we do it.

in additon – could you please test if you can change the style of your gallery to “circle” for example ?

iadded
    Participant

I just made a test with the wordpress.com support.

Switched to another Theme – galleries work just fine (used a different theme – not the same one i used before).

When i switch back to Gillion – galleries are messed up again.

Guys – problem must be related to something in the theme – and i really need help on this !!!

Please give me an e-mail so can invite you as users and you can see the problem.

Or please try to take the gallery you created on your site and see if you can format it to circles for example … My site has nothing special …

And i really would like to be able to use the nice tiled JatPack galleries if possible – but if not – even the standard gallery is fine – but right now i cant do anything

Your shared site credentials are still not working and here is our email address [email protected]

I tried to test it on my local site but the Tiled Gallery module of jetpack plugin doesn’t work on localhost as shown in the attached screenshot.

We’ll setup test site on server to troubleshoot it.

In the meanwhile could you please try using attached custom plugin on your site to resolve it and also send us correct credentials?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iadded
    Participant

Thanks for helping on this issue.

I sent you an invitation to the mail so you can see my site – please be careful not to modify any existing post – just the draft testing post.

I tried installing and activating the plugin you sent – did not help.

I logged in to your site and resolved the issue using attached modified custom plugin.

Could you please confirm it?

Attachments:

iadded
    Participant

I apologize – but i just logged in and nothing is fixed.

In the wordpress GUI editor – i still cannot see any gallery.

In the wp-admin gallery – i do see the gallery – but no matter what i change (try putting circle for example) – no change.

As i wrote – when i move to another theme – everything works great (i tried 2 other themes – galleries work including the tiled JetPack galleries).

Please see the screenshot of what I am getting on your site.

Does this not what you see on your site?

Attachments:

iadded
    Participant

Nope … i dont see circles

And in the wordpress.com GUI – i still dont see the gallery.

see attached screenshots.

Ok – in preview i do see circles – but not in the editor. and in WP editor i dont see the gallery at all …

In other themes i see it fine in editors

Attachments:

Nope … i dont see circles

You have to visit the post on your site front end to see the circles.

And in the wordpress.com GUI – i still dont see the gallery.

It seems wordpress.com issue so please contact their support.

What browser are you using ? maybe there is a difference … I’m using Chrome

I am also using chrome browser.

iadded
    Participant

I contacted wordpress.com support – they pointed me to your support.

We worked together for hours – they did their best.

With other themes i tested together with their support team – all work just fine in both editors.

With other themes – I can see the change in the editors (both wp-admin and their GUI) – and it does make sense you see how your post looks like in the editor.

Please – do not give up on fixing this. I assume i’m not the only one using the wordpress.com platform – and your theme give such a great looking site – i would like to be ableto use it in a convenient way.

This is not only about Gallery but you can see the wordpress.com GUI also doesn’t display testing text in it.

We understand that this is unique situation happening with Gillion theme but as wordpress.com GUI is a custom functionality provided by wordpress.com then could you please ask their support that whether wordpress.com GUI have any specific theme requirement that Gillion theme doesn’t contain causing the issue?

iadded
    Participant

The problem is not only in the wordpress.com GUI.

In the wp-admin – the standard GUI – you cannot see the gallery the way it will be presented. With others themes you can !!!

If i set any other theme – and work in the wp-admin (standard GUI) – any change i do to the gallery is reflected in the wp-admin editor – not only in preview.

So – this is not a wordpress.com issue – it is something that is related to the theme.

I wish i could make a conversation between your support team and their support team to work together to solve the issue …  I feel like i’m in the middle – just passing messages – each team pointing me to the other team …

In the wp-admin – the standard GUI – you cannot see the gallery the way it will be presented. With others themes you can !!!

I have just tested it using Twenty Seventeen theme on your site and it also doesn’t work with it as shown in the attached screenshots.

Please advise.

Attachments:

iadded
    Participant

Thanks again for taking the time to test this.

I tested it using 2 themes Veggie and Baskerville.

I will work with it as is for now – as long as galleries are presented ok on the site – i guess its ok.

Ok

Have you tested it using Twenty Seventeen theme?

iadded
    Participant

No – i believe you that it doesn’t work !!!

I still think it would be great if all issues can be resolved – including the wordpress.com GUI issue – as at the end of the day – this is not some “esoteric” platform – and i believe i’m not the only one using it that will want to use you theme …

Simply – because your theme is great !!! Took me a very short time to get a very good looking blog using it !!!

Yes we understand that serving the theme on WP.com platform will cater to more users and will consider this feature request to be implemented in the future version of theme.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)