Questions for everyone's good

Home Forums Gillion Theme Questions for everyone's good

Home Forums Gillion Theme Questions for everyone's good

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • amplitum
    Participant

Hello! Thank you for the great wp theme. I’m working on this theme for two days, and have a few questions:

1. How to put a new post in slider? 🙂 I’m using full-width slider, but can’t find how my post can be visible in slider.

2. I’m trying to change color of my menu in header, but nothing happens. Not background, but words “Home”, “Contact”, “About” etc. Every time I change color, that gray staying there.

3. Is there any chance to delete this gray space between header and post, with navigation?

4. Where I can upload my advertising? I have activated place for an ad in footer and in the sidebar with posts, but I can’t find where to upload my design?

5. Where I can change posts in “Todays pick” part, in the sidebar?

That’s it. Thank you and sorry for my English… Hope we can understand. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

amplitum
    Participant

6. How to change “Stay connected” social buttons or their design in post sidebar?

7. How to combine together Post style – Slider with Format – video? I have problem, video doesn’t show in this combination.

Hi @amplitum,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How to put a new post in slider? ? I’m using full-width slider, but can’t find how my post can be visible in slider.

Could you please tell me exactly which slider you are using on your site by sharing screenshot of it?

Visual page builder content element slider or Visual composer slider?

2. I’m trying to change color of my menu in header, but nothing happens. Not background, but words “Home”, “Contact”, “About” etc. Every time I change color, that gray staying there.

Could you please tell me from where you are trying to change it?

You should change from the following path in the theme styling options.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Styling -> Navigation

3. Is there any chance to delete this gray space between header and post, with navigation?

If you are talking about the grey border displayed there then you can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

#page-container .sh-header {
        border-bottom: 0;
    }

4. Where I can upload my advertising? I have activated place for an ad in footer and in the sidebar with posts, but I can’t find where to upload my design?

You can add advertisement code in the theme header settings as shown in the first three attached screenshots.

5. Where I can change posts in “Todays pick” part, in the sidebar?

You can change it by adding post IDs in the Shufflehound Recent Posts widget settings in the widget area as shown in the fourth attached screenshot.

6. How to change “Stay connected” social buttons or their design in post sidebar?

You have to develop custom code to achieve this. Alternatively you can use free WordPress social plugin to achieve this.

7. How to combine together Post style – Slider with Format – video? I have problem, video doesn’t show in this combination.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing some screenshots?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

amplitum
    Participant
    1. Slider is in attachment.

4. I don’t want ad in header. In my attachment, you can see place for ad in sidebar and in footer. Where to upload design for that positions?

Attachments:

amplitum
    Participant

4. Found where to upload ad on post page… In ad widget. 🙂 But I have problem when try to add advertisement widget on Page Widget (home page). I can’t upload an image there. (first and second attachment)

8. Is there any chance to change “Latest posts” layout or to delete this part somehow? (third attachment)

Attachments:

amplitum
    Participant

4. First attachment

Attachments:

Slider is in attachment.

I can’t guess from your shared screenshot which slider you are using so could you please tell me?

Visual page builder content element slider or Visual composer slider?

4. I don’t want ad in header. In my attachment, you can see place for ad in sidebar and in footer. Where to upload design for that positions?

4. Found where to upload ad on post page… In ad widget. ? But I have problem when try to add advertisement widget on Page Widget (home page). I can’t upload an image there. (first and second attachment)

You can use any of the following ad widget plugin to display ads in the sidebar.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ad-widget/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/meks-easy-ads-widget/

8. Is there any chance to change “Latest posts” layout or to delete this part somehow? (third attachment)

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to delete it?

amplitum
    Participant

Ok, found everything, but few things:

1. How to edit “Latest posts” on home page? (first attachment) Where to change layout and how to add posts???

2.  How to setup social share buttons, on blog post page? (second attachment)

Attachments:

amplitum
    Participant

Sorry, this is first attachment…

Attachments:

1. How to edit “Latest posts” on home page? (first attachment) Where to change layout and how to add posts???

If you are displaying it on the blog page then you can change it from theme blog settings or if you are displaying it using blog page template then you can change it from that page settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

2.  How to setup social share buttons, on blog post page? (second attachment)

You don’t have to setup anything there. Those social buttons work out of the box.

Attachments:

amplitum
    Participant

Ok, thanks. Now there is another bug. Underline under category name. How to remove this?

Attachments:

Ok, thanks. Now there is another bug. Underline under category name. How to remove this?

I don’t get it on my test site so could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to remove it?

amplitum
    Participant

My site is on local servers on my mac, so I can’t send you url. When I change font, everything is ok, but when change back Montserrat, it’s happening again.

amplitum
    Participant

How to remove just reading time, because all my posts will be video, so I dont need reading time.

Attachments:

amplitum
    Participant

… and after MINT, 4 days ago, this divide line go wild.

My site is on local servers on my mac, so I can’t send you url. When I change font, everything is ok, but when change back Montserrat, it’s happening again.

Could you please share the screenshot where you are setting the font which is causing this issue so that i can reproduce it on my test site to troubleshoot it?

Also to help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)