Remove demo data, change slider height, use masonry grid

Home Forums Gillion Theme Remove demo data, change slider height, use masonry grid

Home Forums Gillion Theme Remove demo data, change slider height, use masonry grid

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • ahighwaygirl
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound people,

I purchased your Gillion theme a few days ago and I’m having trouble with customizing it.

1. I installed a demo, but I actually prefer not to use it. How can I remove the demo? I saw a post in which you recommend checking the “theme documentation” tab in the theme settings, but somehow I do not have this option.
    2. I’m trying to build a static page to use as homepage with a masonry grid displaying my latest posts. It should look like the current homepage, but instead I get a totally different layout. Is there an easy way to copy the theme layout? I’ll attach a screenshot.
    3. Is there an easy way to change the height of a pre-set slider? (I’d like to use Blog slider Style 6).
    4. On top of my page I get the following error: <b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/home/ahighwa2/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php</b> on line <b>284</b>

A note: I had some trouble installing the demo and I’m afraid it might not be installed correctly. Issue 1 & 2 might be related to this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Solution for this topic

Hi @ahighwaygirl,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I installed a demo, but I actually prefer not to use it. How can I remove the demo?

You can use following plugin to remove all the content from your site.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/

I saw a post in which you recommend checking the “theme documentation” tab in the theme settings, but somehow I do not have this option.

In the latest theme version it is moved to Gillion dashboard as shown in the attached screenshot.

I’m trying to build a static page to use as homepage with a masonry grid displaying my latest posts. It should look like the current homepage, but instead I get a totally different layout. Is there an easy way to copy the theme layout? I’ll attach a screenshot.

Please make sure to configure it correctly as shown in the second attached screenshot.

Is there an easy way to change the height of a pre-set slider? (I’d like to use Blog slider Style 6).

I am not sure exactly which slider you are talking about so could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you?

On top of my page I get the following error: <b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/home/ahighwa2/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php</b> on line <b>284</b>

It is fixed in the below latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

Also please make sure you are using latest version of PHP on your server by referring the information provided in the following page.

https://www.wikihow.com/Check-PHP-Version
    http://php.net/supported-versions.php

A note: I had some trouble installing the demo and I’m afraid it might not be installed correctly. Issue 1 & 2 might be related to this?

Yes it may be related but could you please tell what trouble you have faced installing the demo?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

ahighwaygirl
    Participant

Hi,

first of all thank you for the valuable information. I could fix most of the issues 🙂 However, I do have a few more questions:

Is there an easy way to change the height of a pre-set slider? (I’d like to use Blog slider Style 6).

I am not sure exactly which slider you are talking about so could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you?

My page is currently still on maintenance mode, but I can show you which slider I mean. I use the first one: https://gillion.shufflehound.com/elements/sliders/ This slider has a set height of 540 pixels, but I would like to decrease the height. Is there an easy way to do this or is rebuilding it in Slider Revolution the only way?

On top of my page I get the following error: <b>Warning</b>: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in <b>/home/ahighwa2/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php</b> on line <b>284</b>

It is fixed in the below latest version of theme. Also please make sure you are using latest version of PHP on your server by referring the information provided in the following page.

FYI: I installed the new version, but the error was still there. I had the latest version of PHP installed. Once I switched to the previous version of PHP, the error was gone.

And more questions:

Is there an easy way to change the styling of the sidebar titles in such a way that it looks like the category styling? If I try to recreate it in the theme settings, it looks different. (I think it is because the spacing is different. Any possibility to change the spacing for the sidebar widget titles only?)

How can I add initials to my blog posts (as you have in the Clean demo: http://preview.themeforest.net/item/gillion-multiconcept-blogmagazine-theme/full_screen_preview/19470306)?

How can I change the color of the social media icons in the sidebar widget? Is it possible to keep the thin separating line although the widget has no title?

How can I change the styling of quotes?

How can I exclude the latest post from being shown in the masonry grid (as it’s already shown in a slider above the grid)?

Thanks in advance already!

My page is currently still on maintenance mode, but I can show you which slider I mean. I use the first one: https://gillion.shufflehound.com/elements/sliders/ This slider has a set height of 540 pixels, but I would like to decrease the height. Is there an easy way to do this or is rebuilding it in Slider Revolution the only way?

You can try reducing it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.blog-slider {
        max-height: 440px !important;
    }

And more questions:

Is there an easy way to change the styling of the sidebar titles in such a way that it looks like the category styling? If I try to recreate it in the theme settings, it looks different. (I think it is because the spacing is different. Any possibility to change the spacing for the sidebar widget titles only?)

How can I add initials to my blog posts (as you have in the Clean demo: http://preview.themeforest.net/item/gillion-multiconcept-blogmagazine-theme/full_screen_preview/19470306)?

How can I change the color of the social media icons in the sidebar widget? Is it possible to keep the thin separating line although the widget has no title?

How can I change the styling of quotes?

How can I exclude the latest post from being shown in the masonry grid (as it’s already shown in a slider above the grid)?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

ahighwaygirl
    Participant

Thanks for the help! It’s appreciated. I have made new threads with the questions.

ahighwaygirl
    Participant

When I add the custom CSS, it cuts off the lower part pf the slider. This means that the post title is cut off and the corners are not rounded anymore (see attached image).

Would there be another solution?

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

Thanks for the help! It’s appreciated. I have made new threads with the questions.

I have replied to your new threads.

When I add the custom CSS, it cuts off the lower part pf the slider. This means that the post title is cut off and the corners are not rounded anymore (see attached image).

Would there be another solution?

Please try changing the shared CSS code as following.

.blog-slider-item,
    .blog-slider {
        max-height: 440px !important;
    }

ahighwaygirl
    Participant

Yes, that worked. Thanks a lot!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)