Rendering error

Home Forums Gillion Theme Rendering error

Home Forums Gillion Theme Rendering error

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • brannon1977
    Participant

I’m getting a rendering error with my hosting company Pagely. Some of my posts pages work and the others just show a rendering error. Below is what Pagely support sent me:

<p dir=”auto”>Here’s the errors in the error logs:</p>

<pre dir=”ltr”>[02-May-2019 01:36:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gillion_render_js() (previously declared in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php:108) in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php on line 108
    [02-May-2019 01:36:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gillion_render_js() (previously declared in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php:108) in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php on line 108
    [02-May-2019 01:37:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gillion_render_js() (previously declared in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php:108) in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php on line 108
    [02-May-2019 01:38:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gillion_render_js() (previously declared in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php:108) in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php on line 108
    [02-May-2019 01:38:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gillion_render_js() (previously declared in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php:108) in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php on line 108
    [02-May-2019 01:38:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gillion_render_js() (previously declared in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php:108) in /dom21724/wp-content/themes/<wbr />gillion/inc/static.php on line 108

<p dir=”auto”>Can you verify that the theme is compatible with WordPress 5.1.1 and PHP 7.2? It might be worth sending the above errors to the theme developers as well to see if they have a solution.</p>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

brannon1977
    Participant

Forgot to add this info:

Theme: Gillion
    Theme Version: 3.2.3
    WordPress: 5.1.1
    PHP: 7.2.17-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+3

Hi @brannon1977,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Can you verify that the theme is compatible with WordPress 5.1.1 and PHP 7.2?

Yes, it is compatible with them.

Ae you using a child theme?

If yes then try activating the Gillion theme.

Also please try deleting and reinstalling the Gillion theme.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

brannon1977
    Participant

Hi. I’m not using a Child Theme. Am I supposed to be?

brannon1977
    Participant

I deleted and reinstalled the Gillion theme and still exact same problem. When I first installed the theme and did the “Demo Content (method two – doesn’t replace content)” to import my data I got a Gateway timed out error. Then I ran it again and it worked.

Don’t know if that has something to do with the problem I’m having because it seems like some of my posts got imported to Gillion and the others have the rendering error.

Hi. I’m not using a Child Theme. Am I supposed to be?

No

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

brannon1977
    Participant

Sent the info you requested.

I didn’t get the site details.

Could you please share it again and also send it on [email protected]

brannon1977
    Participant

Sent the info.

I logged into your site and visited some pages on it but didn’t see any error message.

Could you please share me some page URLs where the errors are displaying?

brannon1977
    Participant

Here are some.

It seems this is happening on those posts because they contain large amount of content as shown in the attached screenshot which your hosting provider does not support.

You can test it by reducing the post content.

To resolve the issue, please contact your web host.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

brannon1977
    Participant

When I use other themes I didn’t have a problem. Before this I was using the Genesis Theme and when I switch back it works fine. So why is this an issue with the Gillion Theme?

Should I try and use pagination with the larger posts to make it work with the Gillion Theme?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by brannon1977.

The Gillion Theme theme is being used on thousands of sites without any issue so it seems the specific issue with the theme and the restrictions imposed by the web host that you are using.

To resolve it please contact your web host or try using pagination in the page as you have suggested.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)