Resource limit reached error (508)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Resource limit reached error (508)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Resource limit reached error (508)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • javdgraaf
    Participant

When making changes to the theme, from the thema panel, saving takes forever. So does re-loading the page to see the changes. I have cleared browser cache.

After a while it times out stating:

<h1>Resource Limit Is Reached</h1>
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Needless to say, this started after installing the Gillion Theme.

My hosting provider said it has to do with the code on my site, as in the theme. It renders my entire site unusable. What can be done to resolve this?

Hi @javdgraaf,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Gillion theme.

Please make sure you are using below latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

If you are already using latest version then please delete and reinstall the theme on your site.

If the issue still persists then please temporary activate any default WordPress theme on your site like Twenty Seventeen and see whether the issue still exists which will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

javdgraaf
    Participant

Hi There!

thanks for the quick reply. I tried all the above, and the problem persists. Saving changes to the theme setting locks up the site.

This is not the case with for instance the 2017 theme. That works fine. Any ideas?

kind regards, Jan Anton

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

javdgraaf
    Participant

Yes, I did that. It works for a bit, specially if I use the WordPress Customizer. As soon as I make changes with the Theme-settings , it hangs when I try to save, and I get the same error.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)