Search Modal Not Appearing

Home Forums Gillion Theme Search Modal Not Appearing

Home Forums Gillion Theme Search Modal Not Appearing

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • scrat55
    Participant

Hello,

I am not sure since when they happened, but on desktop, for my site: https://fully-booked.ca/, when I click the search button nothing happens. The modal does not appear.

I have tried disabling all the plugins I have one by one and it did not help. I disabled a plugin, cleared the cache, opened incognito window each time, tried the search function. It did not work, so I enabled the plugin and proceeded to do the same with the next plugin.

Please assist.

Regards

Hi @scrat55,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I could confirm the issue on your shared website but I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using the latest version of the Gillion theme.

It seems your website-specific issue.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

scrat55
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, for some reason I did not get an email notification…

Please see the private information field for the login information.

I logged into your website and it seems happening because of the cloudflare cache that you are using so could you please clear the cloudflare cache by contacting the cloudflare support?

scrat55
    Participant

Hello,

I have access to CloudFlare. I just purged all of the cache for the website.

It is still happening. In CloudFlare I have Brotli compression and Rocket Loader enabled if that helps at all.

Regards.

scrat55
    Participant

Hello,

Another thing, I have disabled CloudFlare for about 30 minutes, opened the site in an incognito window and the issue is still present.

Please advise.

I have notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

scrat55
    Participant

Are you sure it’s not related to my site setup? Because I think on a clean WP instal it works.

Also I found another issues yesterday. Should I make a new ticket for that or do you want to know about it here?

Are you sure it’s not related to my site setup? Because I think on a clean WP instal it works.

Yes, this can be specific to your website.

Is it possible for you to delete all the content on your website and recreate it?

You can delete all the content using the below plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/

Also I found another issues yesterday. Should I make a new ticket for that or do you want to know about it here?

It would be helpful to manage If you create a new topic for it.

scrat55
    Participant

Hello,

I cannot recreate all of my content. We have close to 100 posts and it would not be possible to remake it from scratch. But I have a few customizations as well.

Then please just try resetting the theme settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

scrat55
    Participant

Hello,

I tried as you suggested and it still did not work unfortunately.

Now I can not log into your website.

Could you please make sure that the login access is working so that I can further troubleshoot it?

scrat55
    Participant

Hello,

This is because the temporary user I created auto expired after 3 days for security reasons.

I’ve created a staging environment for the website. It is an exact copy of what I currently have. Please see the private information field for info. You can virtually do any kind of troubleshooting there.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by scrat55.

Solution for this topic

The issue is fixed in the below latest version of the theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

I have updated the theme on your staging website.

scrat55
    Participant

Amazing, thank you very much!

I am just curious, can you elaborate on what was the issue? If you can, I am just curious.

scrat55
    Participant

I updated to the new versions and it works now. You can mark it as resolved.

Thank you again!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)