Shipping address placeholders missing on my account page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Shipping address placeholders missing on my account page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Shipping address placeholders missing on my account page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Good0guy
    Participant

Hello, I have been translating my website, and everything has been going great so far, but I have one small issue.

This is actually the last thing I need to fix before populating my website with content.

Some placeholders are missing, and the ones that are there, they sometimes don’t appear (screenshot 6 and 7).

And one other thing as well. I would like to remove the right box completely since I don’t need it at all. (screenshot 8) If I’m not mistaken that’s the Billing Address form.

I hope it’s an easy fix.
    Have a nice day!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @Good0guy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Does this only happen when you translate your site?

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Good0guy
    Participant

Here: https://pokloni.me/moj-nalog/

Register (form on the right) with any email, and go to “Adrese” part.

You will see it there.

I see the fields on your shared page as shown in the attached screenshot?

Do you mean those fields?

If not then would you mind if I log in to your site and access that page? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Attachments:

Good0guy
    Participant

Could you please read my first message here? And look at the screen shots.

I explained that the problem happens when you register and try to add an address.

I made screenshots that show everything.

Please read my first message.

Could you please answer my below questions that I asked you earlier?

Would you mind if I log in to your site and access that page? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Good0guy
    Participant

Well now that I translated it, I can’t really test if it’s not translated.

But I think that’s not a problem since in the checkout form placeholders translated perfectly and there are no problems.

Nothing against you, but I’d rather not share the login.

But I still have a feeling that you didn’t quite understand what I asked. Feel free to register as a user with any email, and go to that Address section. You will see then

Good0guy
    Participant

Ok, since I can’t get a simple answer, I figured I update this myself since someone else might need it as well.

I just hid this 2. address with a simple code in style.css:

.u-column2.col-2.woocommerce-Address{
    display: none;
    }

I will now try to fix the missing placeholders issue.

Attachments:

Good0guy
    Participant

OK, sooo.. Clearly, the placeholders are missing from the code. Now I just need to find the file for this and update it.

Attachments:

Awesome great to see you got that fixed.

Have a fantastic day!

Good0guy
    Participant

Well I didn’t.

I couldn’t find the file which was for that form. So I removed the addresses completely.

This is in no way a fix, but a complete tuck under the carpet.

You haven’t been supportive, and you didn’t want to even try to help me with my issue at all. I told you how to replicate the problem, you didn’t even bother to do what I said (register a dummy account and see the problem).

You asked me if completely wrong fields are the problem, while it was very clear which fields were empty. (the ones in my account > addresses >edit address)

I’m not pleased with the “support” I got at all. 

Have a good day.

You could just create a temporary dummy user account on your site and share me the credentials which could have helped me to troubleshoot the issue.

Also, you said in your another topic that you are using an older version of the theme on your site and don’t want to update it but we provide support to the latest version of the theme as it contains latest fixes and enhancements.

Good0guy
    Participant

You do realize that I said: Register (form on the right) with any email, and go to “Adrese” part. You will see it there. 

Unless you need an admin login (which you requested before), I don’t see why you couldn’t just put any email and get into the site as a new user (like you asked for now).

From my point of view, the only thing you did to” help” me so far was to open the link I sent you and you took that screenshot of basically nothing, thus wasting my time and also yours.

In my other thread I said I don’t intend to update anything, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t have the latest version installed.

I actually disabled all WordPress, theme, and plugin updates yesterday, because I did some fixes, changes and translations which would be overwritten by an update.

For example, I correctly translated “X days ago”, and “Xmin read” in your theme to suit my language.

Example: In English you have “1 hour” and “2-3-…-24 hours“.

In my language you have “1 sat“, “2-3-4 sata“, “5-6-…-20 sati“, “21 sat“, “22-23-24 sata

As you can see many different uses of a single word depending on the number before, so I had to write some IF conditions directly in the code and now it works.

This is why I disabled updates yesterday, and now I won’t need any new features for at least another 12 months.

I have removed the addresses section completely, as it’s not really that necessary, but if you could find a way to fix it, that would be cool.

However, if you could find a way to fix the Facebook widget issue, I would like that more.

Best regards,

Marko

For the facebook widget issue, I have replied in your following topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/facebook-widget-doesnt-fill-the-space

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)