Single Blog Post on home page & 2 footer plugins instead of 3

Home Forums Gillion Theme Single Blog Post on home page & 2 footer plugins instead of 3

Home Forums Gillion Theme Single Blog Post on home page & 2 footer plugins instead of 3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • gideonbanks
    Participant

Hi there,

Beautiful theme!

1. I want to put a blog post on the home page like shown in the attached (Screenshot 1) using just visual composer – “blog post with default style” (because I need to add other elements below it). But there is a minimum of 2 columns in the available option. How can I achieve this for a single column?
    2. The footer has 3 widget spaces but I need only 2 (ratio 4:2) without the third showing empty space (please see screenshot 2). How can I achieve this?
    3. Finally, how will you go about making the home banner a video with custom play icon and image?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @gideonbanks,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

It seems you missed to share all screenshots so could you please share it?

Also could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

gideonbanks
    Participant

Hi there,

Screenshots attached.

The URL is bettertomorrow.ecostore.co.nz

Thanks,

Gideon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I want to put a blog post on the home page like shown in the attached (Screenshot 1) using just visual composer – “blog post with default style” (because I need to add other elements below it). But there is a minimum of 2 columns in the available option. How can I achieve this for a single column?

Your shared site is not accessible and just displays pop up having text “Get Amazing Stories”.

Could you please tell me which visual composer element you are using to display this?

The footer has 3 widget spaces but I need only 2 (ratio 4:2) without the third showing empty space (please see screenshot 2). How can I achieve this?
    Finally, how will you go about making the home banner a video with custom play icon and image?

As said above Your shared site is not accessible and just displays pop up having text “Get Amazing Stories” so could you please make it accessible for me so that i can help you?

gideonbanks
    Participant

Apologies for the site inaccessibility.

Please take a look now… https://bettertomorrow.ecostore.co.nz/

Thanks

Solution for this topic

I want to put a blog post on the home page like shown in the attached (Screenshot 1) using just visual composer – “blog post with default style” (because I need to add other elements below it). But there is a minimum of 2 columns in the available option. How can I achieve this for a single column?

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

@media only screen and (min-width: 700px){
    .blog-style-card article {
        max-width: 50%;
    }

.blog-style-card article .post-container {
        position: relative;
        right: -110%;
    }
    }

The footer has 3 widget spaces but I need only 2 (ratio 4:2) without the third showing empty space (please see screenshot 2). How can I achieve this?

Use below custom CSS code to achieve this.

@media (min-width: 992px){
    .sh-footer-widgets .row > .col-md-4.col-sm-6:nth-child(1){
            width: 66.66666666%;
    }
    .sh-footer-widgets .row > .col-md-4.col-sm-6:nth-child(2) {
        display:none;
    }
    }

Finally, how will you go about making the home banner a video with custom play icon and image?

You have to develop custom code to achieve this.

gideonbanks
    Participant

Perfect!

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Gideon

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)